When should I post a YouTube video to reach a large audience?

Foan Song December 10, 2012

Since three months, I’ve been hard working on a short movie. I would like to post it on YouTube, but from what I heard it is much better to post a video when there’s a lot of traffic on the website. However, I don’t know theĀ schedulesĀ  Does anyone know when is the best time (during a week) to post a video?

Also, Christmas is coming. Should I consider this?

Thanks for your help. I hope this short film will not be a catastrophic total failure.

1. Kathy Davis

Instead of asking when you can ask how.. Take cache keywords and make it your title.. Remember dont give irrelevant title.

2. Roomy Naqvy

There's nothing really like scheduling YouTube videos. But how it goes viral depends on what PR strategy you plan. For instance, the Indian song, Kolaveri Di' went viral because it was planned out as a PR strategy. You can use your blog and also a network of blogs by other people to publicize your video. You can also use your Twitter feed and also Facebook to do the same.

3. Naval Gupta

Many good answers. Specific to the "when" part, few suggestions below:

- Friday is always better than a Monday
    - Depending on the timezone of the audience, early evening is better than morning
    - Know your audience. For example in a student community, be aware of the regional "examinations and study" vs "vacation: periods. Vacations and exam periods are better to be avoided as the viral effect may not come. Non exam light study schedules would be best.

Once again, key factors would be:
    1. Message behind the video (Title should reflect this, also title should attract the audience)
    2. Content (again title should reflect this)
    3. Presentation (you generally have about a minute or so to retain your audience)

hih.

4. Sri Vastav Reddy

I believe there is no such thing as scheduling YouTube videos..
    just upload it, Give a Good Name, tag it and share It..
    Only way to increase no. of viewers in short time is SHARE on Facebook,twitter.etc.. :)
    but be careful (Don't mail it :P)

5. pp potana

Post your video and give tags relating to your video. then when people search for some video with that tag they will come to know about your video and then if many people start visiting, then your video will be in the trending videos page and then your video viewers will increase

6. Frank Zedmore

I would probably guess that the weekend wouldn't be any good since people are probably going out to movies or just out of the house. I would assume Monday to be one of the higher traffic days since people are reluctant to get to work again. You also have to be sure your video is relevant and doesn't stomp on any controversial issues or is insensitive to a large audience.

7. Douglas Mutay

Just post your video and I can certify to you that interested people will find it. but to make it more popular send the video link to your contact targeted and they will also share it with their friends...

Internet is always full of traffic except if internet has failed on a larger basis. And other thing is - it is always good to release videos to the website. you just need to have a good video and it will always be appreciated. the more appreciated it is, the more viewers it will generate. for example - gangnam style