Where does Whatsapp store pictures and messages?

Satishchowdaryp July 11, 2014

I am using Whatsapp on a computer with the help of Bluestacks. can anyone suggest where exactly it stores the data? I cannot find it on my hard disk alhtough I can find on Whatsapp.

you can install dropbox and upload there

As Flair_blair suggest Astro File Manager in your Bluestack interface, You should get a folder 'mnt'. In this, you will find the folder 'sdcard'. in it folder 'whatsapp'
    pc - C Drive - ProgramData - BlueStacks - UserData - SharedFolder-WhatsApp
    your folder options must be customized to showing hidden files

Backing up whatsapp contacts and message conversations from bluestacks to phone
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2651513
    using astro file manager Navigate to sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases/

• Satishchowdaryp

But I want to figure it out on PC. I navigated as you mentioned to SHAREDFOLDER. but I can find android folder instead of whatsapp.

do a search for WhatsApp with everything
      http://www.voidtools.com/
      also do not forget unhide hidden folders

2. Flair_blair

You need to install Astro File Manager in your Bluestack interface. There you'll find a Whatsapp folder, then media and further.
    You can also move the whatsapp images from bluestacks to my pictures folder in my documents.

• Satishchowdaryp

But I came to know that whatapp dont store the messages in there data base. they just deliver once the user is online. But i am not able to find the exact location where it is located on my folder that consists of all the videos and pictures.

3. Alan W

Whatsapp stores messages and files on their servers for a "short" time. Short being a little open ended on how you interpretate their policies. As far as I have read I believe its for about 30 days then they are removed but as I say its open-ended.