What’s the easiest way for me to share my browser bookmarks with friends?

Joseph Videtto February 16, 2013

What’s the easiest way for me to share my browser bookmarks – either a full or partial set, with my friends ?

I have hundred of bookmarks, mostly uncategorized, that I’d like to organize for more full review. As an example for this question – the many great responses from the MUO community for the many, many questions I’ve asked.

I use Chrome, but am not tied to the browser. I’m familiar with tools to organize my bookmarks into folders. After I categorize my bookmarks appropriately – for example my MUO educational technology related question/answer pairs, I’d like to send them to some of my colleagues.

Now of course, these colleagues may use different browsers, and from what I’ve seen, I’m not sure if importing bookmarks appends or overwrites the existing set, but ideally, my bookmark set would be under a separate folder of it’s own, and not interfere with the user’s existing bookmarks?

What’s the best way to accomplish this – browser-based or otherwise ?

2. Tug Ricks

You could export them to an HTML file, and then simply share that with friends. They could then import said file without overwriting bookmarks of their own. Are you looking for something more complex than that?

When a browser imports bookmarks,it doesn't removes the older ones.It ideally organizes them in new folder as well as add them with the list of existing ones.

The best way to import/export bookmarks is mentioned in the link below -

http://www.wikihow.com/Export-Bookmarks-from-Chrome

4. Lisa Santika Onggrid

Maybe you'll like services like Symbaloo. Give it a try.

5. Spencer Taylor

The easiest way to do this is by using a service / website called Delicious. It can be found here --->>> https://delicious.com/

use addons like pocket or even evernote by syncing to different computers.

7. Christopher Harlan

Through Chrome you can do bookmarks > bookmark manager > organize > export bookmarks to HTML file.

From there you can email. As far as I know it's a simple way to do so.

Make a folder in your bookmarks called 'JoeV' and either temporarily move the bookmarks you want to share to that folder or make a copy of them there (you can do this with entire folders of bookmarks as well). Then just export your JoeV folder of bookmarks for your friends to import into their own. since they probably do not have a JoeV folder in their bookmars, you don't have to worry abou them being overwritten and they are not restricted in how they reorganize those bookmarks themselves. The other ways I have seen to do this involving websites that are set up to share them or apps that can be used to sync them will either create duplicates on their systems if the original bookmarks are moved or it will delete them from your system. Although it has been quite some time since I was actively looking for this kind of functionality. I currently use Firefox & have set up sync so my bookmarks are the same across all of my machines but this option wouldn't work for what you are intending to do (unless I am missing something else in the Sync functionality of Firefox).