What’s the easiest way for me to share my browser bookmarks with friends?

Joseph Videtto February 16, 2013

What’s the easiest way for me to share my browser bookmarks – either a full or partial set, with my friends ?

I have hundred of bookmarks, mostly uncategorized, that I’d like to organize for more full review. As an example for this question – the many great responses from the MUO community for the many, many questions I’ve asked.

I use Chrome, but am not tied to the browser. I’m familiar with tools to organize my bookmarks into folders. After I categorize my bookmarks appropriately – for example my MUO educational technology related question/answer pairs, I’d like to send them to some of my colleagues.

Now of course, these colleagues may use different browsers, and from what I’ve seen, I’m not sure if importing bookmarks appends or overwrites the existing set, but ideally, my bookmark set would be under a separate folder of it’s own, and not interfere with the user’s existing bookmarks?

What’s the best way to accomplish this – browser-based or otherwise ?