What’s the best way to get a soft copy of my answers?

Joseph Videtto December 17, 2012

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this website.

I’ve barely begun to explore all the GREAT responses to the somewhat obscure or very narrow technical questions I ask.

Now – I’d like to download all of MY question answer pairs – (only mine, not looking to steal the MakeUseOf database).

What’s the easiest way for me to get a soft copy of all my submitted question/answer pairs. I’ve tried doing it by hand (search, copy page to clipboard, end up with lots of extra garbage, and it takes forever), but it takes a really long time. Perhaps MakeUseOf can add this feature “Download all my question/answer pairs for backup”.

1. Muo TechGuy

Hmm. I doubt many people would need this. But moreover, why bother? We don't delete questions; you'll always be able to access them. You don't trust our backups? We have quite a few, you know.

• Douglas Mutay

Thanks, but I don't personnaly think it's a trust matter. Facebook, for instance, offer the possibility to download all your media and I don't think it's because they don't trust their own servers... In my opinion, it's always good to be able to have for your own a material part of all that you've given to a virtual community.

• Joseph Videtto

My personal request involves wanting to share hard copies of selected answers with coworkers and peers. I have about 15 to 20 I'd like to share (probably out of 40 or 50 total questions asked) with different people, and as I said - it is time consuming to find and convert them one by one to a printer-friendly format less the advertising. Also - don't be so sure that not many people wouldn't find this useful. At a minimum, the heaviest users of the site would find it useful, and the fact that they may be sharing some of the answers with people that don't frequent the site, may be doing some additional great free advertising to attract new users. (just put the logo and some blatant self-promotion in the printouts : )

2. Lisa Santika Onggrid

That's a good idea!
    I've tried tagging answers to my question in my inbox, but if we can do it directly from MUO it'd be great. As for now, sorting from email inbox or saving the page in ScrapBook

cool, great question, you could follow earlier via Disqus but no longer in Makeuseof.

4. Douglas Mutay

You should be paid by the MUO team for this brillant idea :)

5. Ashwin Ramesh

Hmmm.. nice question. And a real nice suggestion from you to download the answers! You could request the MUO team. That's the best option you have maybe. Or you could try printing a pdf of the page. If you have pdf printer (like cutepdf or adobe acrobat pro) you can print the page to a pdf and save it in your computer.

6. Thomas Petrucha

... nice idea ... tell them and we all hope that they will install this little feature for us ;)
    ... shouldn´t be very hard to implement ... a database is thankful for queries ;)

You can request the makeuseof team