What’s the best place to buy an Alienware laptop in Sri Lanka?

Geethan Ambanpola February 2, 2013

Alienware is sold by Dell. But it seems that Dells customer service sucks. Recently i found an alternative seller which is Xoticpc (www.xoticpc.com). Both websites allows me to customize the laptop but apparently Xoticpc offers a larger range of accessories to me.

All the same, xoticpc seems to overprice the Alienware so that it passes my cash limit (2400 USD). I managed to build an Alienware M17x R4 with a GTX 680m (2gb vid ram), 6gb ram topped off with a Nvidia 3d bundle and an Alienware backpack at Dells Alienware webpage whereas I couldn’t do the same with Xoticpc.

If there are any alternative sellers i could buy from….. please mention because this laptop doesn’t go cheap.

ALso… i live in Sri Lanka, so will the warranty and guarantee be worth it??? Thanx!

Take away the leg work, buy online.

2. babu vhora

eBay is good but make sure it isn't used. You can also try KrazyDiskount.com which offers Dell and Alienware products at better rates than dell.

Look at computer shopping forums such as notebookreview.com for more details and other member's experience.

3. Anupa Somasiri

Sorry mchn this is the best that I've found so far.

If you have some free time, you could snoop around in Majestic City or Unity Plaza to see if they have them. (good places I would recommend is Redline, Techzone or Barclays. The next option would be to ask someone you know that's abroad (probably US) and ask them to bring back one according to ur specifications.