What’s the best domain registrar?

Rajat K August 5, 2013

I am about to buy a domain for the first time.I heard that namecheap is good.What is your opinion?

1. Justin Y

Go with godaddy. Also do a search for coupon codes and you can get them for cheaper. Off the top of my head two codes I use are bacon3 and BANTER They might not work for you but they did for me.

2. Sarah

Heard great things about domain provider Siteopia.com. Good service - in the UK which helps. No hidden fees like transfer away costs and higher renewal fees and on the site the prices are straightforward. None of this £2.99* - when this price is only if you buy the domain for more than two years- #confusing!

3. John P

You can use godaddy.com it is the most serious in my opinion.

4. Guy M

I'd go with Matt Smith on this. If you can register it through the same people that you host with, it just makes life a little easier. You might pay a little more, but they should pay a little more attention to you as well.

If possible, take a look at the companies Domain Name management tools. If you find them awkward to use, or hard to find information in, you might want to look elsewhere. Even if the price is cheap.

5. Matt Smith

Generally it's whatever legitimate organization offers the best price. There's not much difference in the service. Personally I just register through the hosting provider I use for my blogs (Lithium Hosting), it's (literally) a couple dollars more than average, but more convenient.

I have no experience with namecheap, and am not a great expert on the subject, but have used a few registrars and found little difference. They all do the same job, and the differences tend to be with the user-interface. I currently use 123-reg.co.uk and they are just fine.

7. Harish J

That is good, and you can also check out Hover and Gandi along with name.com