What’s the best software to convert speech to text?

seema July 23, 2012

I need some software to convert audio to text, what would you recommend?

I saw a previous answer by member “MCsquared” on March 8, 2012:

I down-loaded expressscribe from NCH (u need speech recognition already set up -USE ID 0) -options, speech-to-text.
I used a sync folder (read the help from the program) the program will down-load whatever additional software it needs (e.g. ffmp3 if you are using MP3 format).
I used conversion software and output to the sync folder (the program automatically detects (or click the synch button) then will convert the speech (speech-to-text in notes section) I let it run overnight (7 hours) it completed all 10 (each 1 hour long) class lectures. The text is not perfect but it is easier to change or delete the parts I don’t need for lecture notes.

If some could give me a breakdown of what “MCsquared” is talking about and provide step by step instructions that would be great.

1. Lambvolution

try Aldo's Text-to-WAVE
    http://www.aldostools.org/text-wav.html

2. Gian Singh

Dragon

• seema

Can dragon software overnight my audio files? and give me transcribed files in the morning

• Gian Singh

I don't know i don't personally use it but a friend does and he loves it.

• seema

i checked the software and they r quite pricey so i want to be sure before investing so could u ask ur friend that if dragon can convert audio to text overnight and also which version should i buy
          pls help me i need it asap

3. Shakirah Faleh Lai

Google voice is ok too.

For converting audio files to text, Express Scribe is a good tool. Speech recognition capabilities are built into Windows and you can use that if you are using a microphone for input. If you don't like the Windows solution, Dragon Naturally Speaking is what I set up for my dad and for a couple of legal offices with excellent results.

• seema

thks for the above answer but could u help me decode “MCsquared” answer so i can overnight my audio files and get trancscrided [not be completely accurate] notes in morning