What’s a good media info plugin for Windows Media Player?

lee November 9, 2014

Hi I have Windows 7 ( with the Shines theme installed) and am using Window Media Player 12. It’s great, but the only problem is because I DJ, a lot of my music is not mainstream, so album update is useless.

I would like to know if there is another media information service that Windows Media Player is able to use or a search engine that WMP is able to copy album details from, so I’m not here waiting for the remainder of my life!

1. Swiss

I use mp3tag for this. It can use freedb, discogs, MusicBrainz, Amazon.com, and Amazon.de for tag information.

3. laurelnev

Switch to MusicBee. You'll never look back. It can do all WMP can do and more, and as a DJ, it has MUCH better utility for you. It can import your WMP libraries, playlists, etc., and you can go back and forth between the 2 seamlessly.

4. Jan F.

I don't know of any WMP plugin able to retrieve metadata. I would suggest looking into something like Musicbrainz Picard for this type of job.
    https://picard.musicbrainz.org/