What’s a good DSLR camera for under $500?

Alantam64 July 10, 2014

I agree with Oron that most major brands would offer great quality, it is a matter of features you look for most. What matters more is the quality of the lens, if you wish to take closeups or distance shots, and what types of subjects you are wanting to shoot. Also, lighting is a key factor in choices, as well. I tend to see more people with Nikon cameras for indoor shots and Canon for outdoor action shots. Otherwise, go with an Olympus Pen, Nikon N, or other series mirrorless camera for great pictures overall, and a good bridge camera for long distance shots. This would be the more cost effective solution, though some people would rather just one camera (but you would have to have multiple lenses for equivalent results, which would cost a lot of money).

Best advice is look at the different cameras for the features, compare the ones to like against several reviews, and come to a conclusion from there. What one may mention as the best fit for him/her may not be for another or you.

2. Maria

Hi! I found an Nikon camera for 520. Maybe it can be on your interest
    check it here http://www.clasf.in/q/dslr-camera/

All DSLRs from the major manufacturers (Cannon, Nikon, Olympus Pentax, Sony, Panasonic and Samsung - hope I didn't miss any!) are good. At this price level, you will lose some features (small problem) and you'll get a cheaper "kit" lens (bigger problem).

I suggest you decide which make you want to stick with (important in terms of choice of lenses), look at the models within your budget range and compare reviews to select the one that suits your needs best.

If the choice of lens is not critical for you, then ask yourself why you want a DSLR. There are excellent mirrorless cameras that offer better value for money, and there are also some great bridge cameras which, although they have smaller sensors (and therefore are more prone to noise, offer a zoom range you could not dream of in an SLR. I have an SLR and a bridge camera and find myself using both regularly.

Nikon D3100 / D3200 / D5100.