What’s the best YouTube downloader for Google Chrome?

Drsunil V March 15, 2014

Which Youtube downloaders for Chrome would you recommend?

1. cicas

I use ClipConverter.cc for downloading vids or converting to mp3.

I also sometimes use opensource MiniTube app (on Linux, but should work on Windows/Mac OS X too) to download vids - it's great but there is no conversion option, just downloads video in prefered resolution. See more here: http://flavio.tordini.org/minitube

2. Jurmy C

I KeepVid too, easy and simple but i guess there are many more out there .

• Jurmy C

I use* KeepVid.......

3. Anigbogu Stephen

my IDM picks up any youtube video download link, all i have to do is click download. also i use http://www.savefrom.net, this is done my typing "ss" in-front of the youtube.com on the address bar.

4. Rohit M

my vote goes to ClipConverter.cc, it the best website which provide the use to download videos in multiple formats, multiple resolutions either by uploading videos, or by entering URL or also wid the help of Browser Extension.
    http://www.clipconverter.cc/
    is the best.

5. Shiva

IDM, Savefrom.net extension, keepvid.com. These are more than enough..

6. M.Mishal

I had used many youtube downloaders / userscripts when i was using firefox a while back with the help of "Greasemonkey" and some scripts available on the internet. But now i have switched to chrome n sadly didnt find an addon that works as great as the sripts did. Well now i use "IDM" internet download manager and it installs the addon to chrome itself n works fine, or else if my boss needs some video downloaded or im using a public pc then i use one of the online youtube downloaders, they work pretty fine and some have a lot of functions like you can save a video as m4a for your iphone/ipod etc....
    The best online downloader i use is
    Clipconverter.cc its good enough for me.

7. Charles R

personally, I use keepvid.com. java-based website, you can pick from a variety of formats, image quality, and even if you just want the mp3 audio, if you just wanted to download a song for example. But I use flvto.com for songs, because it can download the higher quality version.

8. Skopin

I use YouTube Options. It's a third party extension, but offers a ton of options (hiding annotations, setting the default resolution for videos, etc.), including adding download links for each resolution below the video player.

9. Irrelevant

I use Youtube Options. It has the option of showing a download link just below the video.

10. Mojtaba

try using SAVEFROM's extension, it adds a button below the youtube videos for DL links with different available qualities. it's quite simple & easy to use. also, it supports the new youtube streaming method (called DASH streaming) for 480p & 1080p. get it from here (available for both Firefox & Chrome) : http://en.savefrom.net

11. Henrique C

A plugin that I have found to be not only a very effective youtube video download tool, but also assist with tweaking youtube player settings is YouTube Center. The plugin is available for a multitude of browsers, including Firefox, Opera, Safari, Internet Explorer personally and Chrome which I personally make use of.

The plugin operates by placing a straight-forward and discreet download button below any YouTube video that you may watch, which by clicking on will set your download (mp4 format by default) into motion. A drop down menu also allows you to select multiple other video formats and resolutions available for download. It is possible to set-up numerous audio only download formats in the YouTube Center's settings panel too.

Other useful setting that can be tweaked in the settings panel, include the ability to disable DASH playback (causing videos to only buffer partially and never the entire video, which is problematic on slower connections), setting the default resolution, player size, captions and even the ability to disable ads in YouTube videos.

All in all a bullet-proof and feature loaded plugin that does everything you expect and more, without any of the spam and bloat that other plugins or apps include.

12. Omar E

Youtube Center is an awesome extension, it gives you variety of functions
    i use it mainly for buffering youtube videos entirely, but it has cool tweak for downloading videos too
    http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/114002

13. Ben S

The YouTube converter/downloader that I've used for years is ClipConverter.cc. It's free and simple to use. It will work in any browser, not just Chrome.

To use it, just paste a YouTube link into the site. You can convert it to a variety of video formats, or even just grab the audio in an MP3. There's a browser add-on for it right on its main page, but I've been trying to slim down on browser extensions lately, so I recommend the bookmarklet. Just add it to your bookmarks bar and click it whenever you're watching a YouTube video you want to convert. Quick and simple.

In my opinion, it's a great option because you don't have to install yet another extension to do something small, nor download a program to your computer. I've never had a major problem with it; it's been my go-to converter for at least three years. Give it a try!

• cicas

Thank you! I was using this via extension (addon) because they said in the past that ytb downloads don't work without it anymore. But I now checked and the bookmarklet works too :) Thanks again, very happy :))

14. diemobil

easy to use: offliberty.com
    nothing to install... i use it as a bookmarklet...

or for other sites (music or vids) i use jdownloader

give it a try
    bye

15. diemobil

i use offliberty.com ... its just a bookmarklet... nothing to install...

or, if this fails i use jdownloader for nearly everything (other videosites or soundcloud or....)

give it a try ;-)

16. Rajaa C

Read out the full page and then decide : http://www.freemake.com/news/save_youtube_videos_in_1_click_with_new_download_button

I use it and am pretty satisfied

• Angi G

Yes! Freemake products are good. Pay attention when installing, because if you don't uncheck some things, you'll get programs you don't want or need!

• Scott Edwards
    • Lola

I understand some things work better for others, so I won't say anything against that. I've been using freemake as well, but I just feel like it gives me such a problem! I have to open the program, then paste the link and it takes its time to open and to download and makes everything slow. I could possibly be me and my laptop, because my internet is fast. But I am just not happy, I use it because it's necessary...

• Bruce E

@Scott, those results are due to their use of the OpenCandy installer. As long as the user reads the installation instructions, they can avoid the additional toolbars or other software this installer will recommend. This applies to any software that uses OpenCandy for its distribution.

• Drsunil V

Thanks. Sounds nice option despite the concern over bundled toolbars which I understand from comment , can be avoided in installation

17. Margi J

In my point of view the best youtube downloader for chrome is 1.0.32. At this time i am using it and never face any problem to using it.

18. Jeff F

I don't like enforcing software, since I haven't tried them all. The best way to tell which one is best for you is by testing them out and seeing for yourself which ones meet your needs. I suggest that you start at the Google Chrome Webstore.

• Ken

You don't need an extension. Just type SAVE in front of YouTube in the domain name.

• Mayur

Hi,

I have used a lot of plugins and extensions, but keepvid.com is the best.
      The have an option where you drag a link onto your bookmark bar (called Keep it!) and click it everytime you want to download a video. Once you click the button, you get a host of options for download right from 260p to 1080p 3D (depending upon whichever is available for that video). Use that link and download it with your favourite download manager or else the default Chrome downloader.