What’s a printable, tabbed software for medical records?

roz graham April 14, 2015

Hi, I’m looking for software to write a medical narrative (patient histories) template for use with Windows 8.1.

I have a new Window 8.1 PC (which I hate because I’m an Apple gal) but there weren’t other options because my doctor husband’s office uses the Windows format only.

It doesn’t have any software on it that I can use to make the template and before I buy anything I thought I’d ask the experts. I’ve already purchased a program to write the necessary macros needed for the main body of the narrative. And I’ve already written the macros now I need the format/template/program to put them in.

What I’m looking for is software to develop a template with tabs across the top of the page (with pull down lists) so I can add the macros in each pulled down page, not necessarily filling them out in order, but then have the report print out in order according to the tab list when printed. That way my husband can start the report in the office and finish or edit the report at home. Using a template will allow me to repeat the process for each patient.