What’s a good Mac keyboard mapping program?

Neil April 13, 2015

I have the following system specifications:

• Microsoft Ergonomic keyboard 4000
  • OSX Yosemite
  • Macbook Pro mid-2010 model

I’ve Googled everywhere and even tried several programs, but to no avail.

I use my Macbook on a desk more often than not where I have a keyboard and mouse set up. I recently got a Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 keyboard and see that there are a lot of possibilities to be had.

I am looking for a way to assign certain system commands to certain keys that are not available in the default Mac options. If you look at the picture provided you can see the keyboard I am referencing.

Now if you look between the G and H key there is a toggle switch that only goes up and down (think: zoom in, zoom out). I’d like to map that to the default Mac command of control+up (the OSX command that shows all your windows at a glance) AKA “Mission Control”.

Also below the space bar there are two silver keys that are normally a back-forward key on Windows browsers, but I would love to map those to next work station (three finger swipe to right/left on Mac trackpad aka control+left key on keyboard).

Now i understand that there are commands on this keyboard that already do those things but they force me to deviate from the natural home key position too much and hinder productivity since I only have one screen and switch between workstations often. Are there any good programs that can help me map these commands out and have the possibility to map other keys on this keyboard? (I.E. some of the silver function keys in the picture above the F key row.)Image title