What website will help me discover which process on my PC is a virus?

Sidney C July 22, 2013

I am looking for a website that lists computer processes and viruses, etc. I have some kind of malware or adware that makes a survey window pop up when I try to click on a link.

there is also securitytaskmanager a shareware
    http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/index.html
    it gives info about programs/processes running on Windows

2. Justin Pot

There are a number of such sites, but If I encounter a process I don't know, I simply google it! For a proper scan, use a) a good antivirus product and b) complement it with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and/or SuperAntiSpyware. If you suspect a running process is interfering with the scan, download and use RKill to stop all non-essential processes.

try to scan with Adwcleaner
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Removal-Tools/AdwCleaner.shtml
    it will remove toolbars....

5. Alan W

Here is a list of thousands of dll files. You would be much better off scanning with MalwareBytes then SuperAntiSpyware and after that your antivirus but the choice is yours.

Otherwise let us know the survey that is popping up and we can attempt to help you remove it.

A quick Google search for "online virus scan" will bring up a long list of online scanners from trusted antivirus companies. If you were looking for just a list of processes and viruses, I wouldn't really recommend doing so just to see if you can find a virus infection. That would take entirely too long to read through, and done viruses would take the name of other known processes that are legitimate Windows operating system processes. Some even take the name of antivirus software and other known software. The best suggestion would be to install, update, and run both Malwarebytes AntiMalware and an antivirus such as Panda Cloud, Avast, Bitdefender free, Avira, or other preferred antivirus.