What techniques can I use to boost my job listing website’s search engine ranks?
Question by Trusted Job /

I build recently built a jobs website aimed at petrochemical and oil refining employments. The keywords I select are deeply related to my website, but at the same time the keywords I select have a very high number of competitors.

This is a jobs website, not a blog or news site. So with that in mind, do you have any ideas over techniques I can use to boost my search engine rankings?

• Alastair Andrew

Start quality Off page SEO Submit high page rank Directories Submission, Article Submission, Press Release, free Classified Ads, Forum Posting, WEB 2.0, Video Submission, Bookmarking Submission after get powerful backlinks.

• Andrew Newey

Hi, Each of these points have 10 pages of further information if you are going to do this yourself, but at a high level: Consisitently invest in SEO activities. 10-15 minutes a day. Activities involving:

#1: PLAN: Define your keywords you wish to target (use Google Adwords to help you choose a list you can compete in).
    #2: HAVE RELEVANCY: Invest time into ‘on page SEO’. Have these keywords in your title, description, content, alt-tags, etc…
    #3: HAVE AUTHORITY: Invest in off page SEO. Build links, add value where you can. Check out what your competitors are linking from using tools like ahrefs and Open Site Explorer
    #4: MEASURE & PERSIST. Measure your rankings and traffic regularly to see how you are doing. Use tools like SEO Books ‘Rank Checker’ and Google Analytics.

I have researched and employed these tools and am ranking quite well for my Trade Advertising business: http://www.bristrades.com.au

Best of luck. Persist!! :)

• Nicole ?

You could use a social network site such as Facebook to advertise your website and have the link to your site on there.

• Christopher Webb

I would recommend using SEO techniques to boost the ranking. There are online services you can use like SEOMoz, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics and so forth. SEO is the best way to enhance your sites ranking in search engines. Read up on SEO and use the techniques that are mentioned in the literature.

• Mac Witty

1. great content. Write about things interesting for your visitors

2. More great content ….

3. Inlinks. Try to get great sites to link to your website. Easier to write than to get
    But one way can be to be a guest writer on higher ranked sites and have a link back to your site.

4. Check out Google Analytics and Google Webmaster tools and make sure you Google haven’t found any problem with your site.

• Ahmed Khalil

what is the name of your web site ?

• Ilemobayo Owaseye

pay google they will do it for you

• Douglas Mutay

Pay Google to do the job for you!

• Muo TechGuy

Without seeing your site, this is impossible to tell, though I can make a good guess…

It’s impossible.

It’s very likely that your site eihter has zero content (because no one is posting jobs yet); or you’re scraping it from another source, it which case it’s considered duplicate content and simply won’t be ranked by Google.

Getting traffic to a such with little original content (assuming you dont have any blog posts etc) is simply impossible without masses of money being spent on advertising. A job site even more so; since its useless without jobs for people to see, and useless posting jobs if no one will see it. Catch 22.

So – either invest heavily in marketing, or produce additional content that will draw in the relevant traffic. Provide serious value that people cannot get elsewhere with original content, or they will simply visit an established site.

(fyi “registering with google” will not achieve anything).

• Justine TITEGOUTTE

Hi Muo TechGuy, I agree with you. Nothing can be done without interesting content.

Are you a SEO specialist ? it could interest me :-)

• Muo TechGuy

I’m a web developer, so yes, SEO is a part of that.

• Ashish Yadav

Hi,

You can register your site with Google webmaster tools and update it with your site’s XML sitemap. Another thing which can be done is to use free SEO tools website to increase your site’s visibility. But in the end networking with popular sites gives the most visibility so try to share space in popular but obviously not direct competitor sites. This will give you most visibility.