What specs describe zoom and wide angle features in a webcam and are these features available?
Question by Joseph Videtto /

Are there any webcams available with a lens that allow zooming in and out, and controlling how wide an angle is captured, and what specs describe these features for comparison across webcams?

What webcam specifications allow me to compare how wide a picture the webcam will take at different distances? I always seem to need to move my webcam back from the source to fit the entire image I want in (usually in my office, where I don’t really have the option of ‘backing up’).

A webcam that allows the most versatility in zooming in and out, and adjustment of the wideness of the angle, would be ideal. Are there any relatively low-cost webcams with features like this, or do I need to spend the extra money for a camcorder? And can I use the camcorder with my PC as easily as I use the webcam?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , .
Raspberry Pi Projects
Raspberry Pi Projects
Computer Hardware Talk
Computer Hardware Talk
Technology Explained
Technology Explained
Arduino Projects
Arduino Projects
Cool Toys and Gadgets
Cool Toys and Gadgets
Apple Hardware Discussion
Apple Hardware Discussion
Wearable Tech
Wearable Tech