What software will let me write my name in different styles?

Akhil Sai March 26, 2013

What software will let me write my name (Akhil Sai) in various styles and with different graphics effects?

1. Michael Heffner

There are font sites that allow you to put in any text online and see the fonts with that sample. You could also download and install a font manager that will allow you to do the same with any font you download even if it's not installed yet.

2. Donald Schultz

There are fonts you can download for MSOffice. I have about 5 different sets of fonts that I downloaded to use with Word. Just Google it and you will find many different fonts.

3. SaapeXD MoHods

Microsoft Word!

Also if you are creative, you can even stylise your name in MSPaint too! :D

The professionals use Adobe Illustrator / Photoshop and other high End softwares to do that!

4. prashanth singh rathore

just download different Fonts styles from
    http://www.1001freefonts.com/ (for more just Google it)

and then go to paint or Photoshop or any thing else and chose your font and rite down your name in that font that's it......!!

Though people have suggested MS Word, I am really surprised that no one yet has suggested the WORDART feature within MS Word. It is exactly what you are looking for. :)

• Lisa Santika Onggrid

Wordart is simply a collection of presets. You can just type whatever you want and set the styles on your own, which will be more personal.

There are a few solutions to this. You could Google 'Free Fonts and search through the many thousands of free fonts available to find the font of your liking, download it and use it with the Styles app thats built into Word 2003 upwards.
    If you want to get a dedicated app to help you then ha14's suggestion of flaming.com is very good.

ms word is the most common word formatting document. it has variety of fonts. you can try to use graphic based softwares like photoshop or gimp but there are too many tools and too much designing it them. ms word is simple.

8. Joel Thomas

First download the style (font) you want from here http://www.dafont.com/
    then install the fonts
    open Ms word and type in your name select and change the font
    if you want colour you can apply it using ms word