What program can generate subtitles for streaming audio from websites?

HeatherNake March 26, 2013

I just found out that I am losing some of my hearing. I love watching TV shows and movies online. Is there a subtitle program that can automatically work with the websites that I go onto? Please help me!

if you watch movies on your desktop there can be some software that do offer download subtitles automatically

2. Joel Thomas

No its not available yet

3. Michael Heffner

I don't think that technology has caught up with what you're asking for yet. I think the simplest solution would be hearing aides. I'm a 35+ year bass player and at the age of 35 I realized that I was having some hearing loss. There was a bit of pride involved in needing them, but once I got over that it was the best thing I ever did for myself.

I've tried watching movies with full subtitles and realized I missed half the movie because I was reading. I might as well have read the book. Even a generic hearing aid if you don't have the insurance option would be of help.

4. Chris Marcoe

Try this tutorial. Not sure if it is applicable to your needs or bot, but hope it helps.

5. SaapeXD MoHods

Hopes such a software would be available in a near future! :D

6. justinpot

There's nothing automated, so far as I know, but websites are increasingly offering subtitles – user contributed or otherwise. YouTube, for example, offers a "CC" button at the bottom of every video. Use this to read automated or user-submitted subtitles, and even translations to other countries. Sorry that I can't provide a more universal answer, but when it's technically possible you can bet it will be available – and maybe someone smarter than me will point something out today.