What is the most efficient way to auto-categorize my mail with certain subject headers, while still seeing all my recent mail sorted by incoming date?

Joseph Videtto December 16, 2012

I use Gmail, and I hate categorizing every email message I receive – I have about 15 categories. What I would love to have, ideally, is to keep my current view of incoming email (initially unsorted), and when I have opened and read it for the first time, then click the down arrow “Next Message” icon [Archive], to have that email that I just read AUTOMATICALLY go to a folder. So I’m looking to preserve the current default view and have the categorize happen when I click the ‘next message’ [or Archive] icon.

-You can enable the Quick Links lab and create a Quick Link to [ is:unread in:inbox ].
    -You could also just bookmark the search results page for [ is:unread in:inbox ], and ask him to use that bookmark
    http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/gmail/ryQd336G9pA