What is the cheapest and best DDR3 motherboard?
Question by Gurjot Singh /

I am planning to buy a DDR3 motherboard and researched a lot on it and found some motherboards like
ASUS P8H61-M LX Motherboard.

Please suggest me that I am right in selecting this motherboard or is there any cheaper and better motherboard available?

THANK YOU

• Benson Sanchez

try P8H61-M LE very good board for it’s price

• Matjaz Mirt

It have integrated GPU. If you’ll use PC for gaming, than you’ll install better graphic card and you don’t need integrated one.

• Igor Rizvi?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=P67%20Pro (99$)

asrock ATX Motherboard Z77 EXTREME4 (below 100$)

ASUS P8H61-M LX PLUS (around 80$)

ASRock Z77E-ITX (110)

Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H-USB3 (around 50€)

There is a wide range of cheap or value for the money motherboards out there…. expecially if youd like an itx ..smaller but powerfull gaming machine..or a media centar or something else… check around the prices,there is alot of cheap stuff to found on newsegg,ebay,local pc shops….

• Gurjot Singh

Sorry freinjd but your suggested motherboards do’nt fit in my budget …

• Mike toohey

Before you decide on the Board you need to decide what you will be doing with the PC.
    Gaming
    Office suff
    HTPC .
    If your gaming your gonna spend some $$$$. If its lite gamining or HTPC you can afford to go with lower priced options.

• Doc

The poster on Tom’s Hardware was looking for a DDR3 motherboard for an AMD Sempron motherboard; the poster is asking about boards similar to a Socket 1155 Intel motherboard, as he is thinking about an Intel Core i3 CPU.

The second link is by someone looking for a Core 2 Quad Q6600, a very old Intel CPU.

• Aniket Singh

latest series of gigabyte mother board with intel chipset

• Robbie Blowe

well friend. let me tell you
    regarding motherboards i must tell you don’t go for the cheapest as it would not be good performance , as for your chosen motherboard ,it is a very good seeing with your processor , stick on with it , but it would be better if you change yur ram to 1 gb and change to athlon ,but only if yur budget agrees only, in a nutshell

STICK WITH ASUS

hope it helped

• Alan Wade

@ Robbie
      “well friend. let me tell you”
      I nearly wet myself laughing at your post! You should write for comedy tv, you would make a fortune……

• robbie.blowe

what’s so funny about it, is calling somebody friend is very funny to you mr .wade?, if you have any suggestions to the enquirer then give your suggestions to that person,don’t simply poke around somebody else’ s comments, and this is not an English language forum or no literature related questions was asked, and to say that you nearly wet yourself reading my post,i think you should go for a checkup,maybe you are in the early stage of incontinence,

peace

use crucial scanner to see which RAM is best for you
    http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/
    then you decide by comparing to other RAM

• Gurjot Singh

Yiz Borol :

MY CURRENT PC SPECS :

AMD Semptron Processor 2500+
    1.40GHz , 960mb ram

STEAM DOES’NT WORK PROPERLY ON MY PC SO I PLAN TO UPGRADE MY PC AND I BUY AN intel i3 PROCESSOR WITH A DDR3 MOTHERBOARD , MY BUDGET IS JUST 10000 rs OUT OF WHICH 5,500 WILL BE USED TO BUY THE PROCESSOR AND REST FOR THE MOTHERBOARD AND THE RAM

DDR3 RAM WILL COST ME AROUND 1000 rs :
    http://www.shopclues.com/transcend-2gb-ddr3-1333-mhz-2-gb-1333mhz-desktop-ram.html

SO I AM LEFT WITH 3500 RS … AND HERE IS THE MOTHERBOARD

http://www.flipkart.com/asus-p8h61-m-lx-motherboard/p/itmd5ppvvz2pjkwe

NOW HOPE YOU GOT THE IMFORMATION YOU NEED … HELP ME PLZ

• Doc

There’s no such thing as a “Semptron.” Perhaps you meant “Sempron”??? :)

• Yiz Borol

Okay, looks pretty good, make sure that the processor is of the right generation (and socket type) first gen i3 processors use a LGA1156 socket second and third gen use LGA1155 socket so make sure it’s the right one.

Because you’re shopping in india it’s a little harder for me to find better deals (I’m in the US) but as a general rule look for something with as many on-board-usb ports as possible – you can never have to many.

But overall your plan looks pretty good, just know you’re not getting a gaming PC by any means, but it should do well with any game made more than 2 years ago. (I know, not something you wanna hear after dropping rs10000 on hardware, but it’s true. the good news is that LGA1155 is supported by the i5 and i7 so if you ever find your self with some extra cash you can upgrade again.)

• Yiz Borol

Also please turn off caps, I’m sure it was unintentional but using caps online feels like shouting.

• Yiz Borol

Okay, So I looked up your motherboard.

It looks nice but without knowing on where you plan to buy it and the price you’re paying it’s not so easy to make suggestions for comparison.
    This is especially important because I looked on newegg and found that it’s been discontinued.
    Lastly, before you buy the arguably most important component for your computer, make sure that you know the main purpose of said machine and whether it fits those needs.

If you want our help in choosing the right Motherboard, can you please provide a little more detail on what you’ll be using your computer for and what other components you plan on buying with for it.