What is the best way to create a website from scratch?

Cristián T December 16, 2013

I’ve been hired by this radio talk show and they would like me to create a website for them. Also they told me that I have a flexible deadline of January, and the time I posted this question is December 15, 2013. I have looked into this a little bit and I think one way that would make this work is to build the website from scratch. However, I don’t know that much HTML or CSS and I’m quite unfamiliar with it. Another thing I can do is use a service like Squarespace, but from a technological standpoint, I’m wondering which one would be most easy to do in the constraints of time. Help would be much appreciated.

1. James B

It would help if you posted the requirements for this website so we can actually advise you on whats best to use; but in general I'd recommend WordPress (self hosted). You'll need somewhere to host (I'd suggest MT Grid Service - review here).

I've written two guides: one that deal with specifically with starting an online shop using WordPress, but the first section will be relevant; and one thats all about WordPress. I suggest you get reading!

2. Pijush G

1. Buy a Domain(godaddy.com)
    2. Buy Server(linux) space (godaddy.com)
    3. Download WordPress CMS (wordpress.org)
    4. Upload that WordPress CMS to that server.

OR
    simple and quick way
    1. go to blogger.com
    2. register or sign up for google account.
    3. blogger.com would let you chose a sub-domain name(yoursitename.blogger.com) . In there you can find, that blogger.com letting you to register for a full domain.
    4. done

3. Stephan K

If you already have a domain and a server, I suggest building the website with Concrete5. It works really well and there is no need for any knowledge of HTML or CSS.

4. Pramod C

Hi mate !
    To save time , you can make use of a website builder which doesn't require you to have the knowledge of any programming or scripting language . By using a good website builder , you can create your own website in no time . Website builders have inbuilt drag and drop features to quickly develop your own website . You can have a look at this list of the website builders and chose one for your project :-

I hope this helps !