What is the best value proposition for a school planning to purchase tablet devices?

Joseph Videtto February 10, 2013

My impression is that nothing is easier to use than the iPad – and that Apple’s App Store has the largest choice of software with the highest quality control – e.g. the apps with the least bugs thanks to Apple’s software development policies and early monopoly on the market.

But given a school with limited budget, that wants to buy at least enough tablet devices for a classroom, what is the best overall value proposition for both good quality hardware AND good quality educational apps?

I know there are lots of Android based non-apple tablets, and I’ve heard of the Chromebook – where do these items weigh in, in your opinion?

Also – please share your personal experiences with non-Apple devices for classroom use, and compare with iPad use in the classroom if possible.