What is the best stand to mount your webcam in a steady, desired position vertically and direction-wise?
Question by Joseph Videtto /

I use a Logitech webcam Pro 9000, and although the mount is somewhat versatile, I find I cannot position it where I need to.

I’d like to be able to adjust the height of it up and down, point it in exactly the position I want, and for it to attach securely to the mount. A tripod mount with a small footprint might serve my needs, but I haven’t found any that specifically allow a secure mount for my web cam.

Has anyone found a webcam stand that allows all these features? I’m willing to buy a new webcam if necessary – or a new mount, or a new mounting bracket – or whatever works. : )

If your webcam has a tripod mount, you can try a Gorillapod — I’ve used mine for about two years; it can mount just about anywhere, from a notebook, to desktop, chairback, or even outdoors (around a tree branch). Fairly inexpensive, and readily available. http://joby.com/gorillapod/original/

Add a tripod mounting hole to Logitech Webcam Pro 9000
    http://www.philohome.com/lpro9000/tripodhole.htm

• Alan Wade

I am sorry but your question is somewhat unbelievable!
    Try looking for a more versatile stand rather than expecting us to do that for you, its easy just google it.

• Joseph Videtto

Actually – you’re answer is even more unbelievable !!!

…perhaps you should have not wasted your time typing that response – that reply is about as useful to me and everyone that looks to this forum for information as you have implied my question is to you.

If google provided an answer for all questions, then we wouldn’t need this website, would we ?…Although you’re probably aware of anything I could possibly share with you (you could just google it – right ?) I’ll say it anyway…sometimes I ask a question where I’m already aware of one or two answers because often human beings will teach me of additional options I was not yet aware – but, I’m sure you knew that already.