What is the best plugin to manage the writing, submission, editing process in WordPress?

Guy McDowell December 13, 2012

The ones that I’ve used so far don’t do a very good job of enforcing the workflow. They also don’t email the editor when a submission has been made, so they can review it, send it back for editing, or publish it.

I’ve tried Revisionary and Approval Workflow. They looked promising, but not so much. What should I use?

1. Guy

I'm currently using a few different plugins. One to manage the workflow, and one to manage the User Roles more specifically. It works, but it isn't quite as strict on the workflow as I would like.
    Every time a Contributor saves the post they're working on, it sends an e-mail to the Editor. There is a checkbox to uncheck sending it for review, but if that is defaulted to unchecked, the Users are just too likely to not check it.
    What I'm wondering is how MUO does it, really.

2. josemon maliakal

wordpress itself meant for that

3. Roomy Naqvy

I don't know of any such plug in. But I think half the fun of blogging is in writing it oneself, without using any plug in. :)

Agree.

5. Roshin idi
  6. Hugo Morales

I publish in wordpress using microsoft word, if you combine it with skydrive, it works pretty well.

7. Shankar C

windows live writer is the best software for creating editing and managing blogs in wordpress.

We use "Peters Collaboration Emails". It mails specified editors when posts are submitted, and mails the author when approved.

9. himagain

It seems that the WP inbuilt processor and utils is the way to go. The only other one I tried with some success was the old version of Windows LiveWriter.

• Muo TechGuy

This has nothing to do with managing submission workflow. There are no inbuilt tools to do this, hence why plugins are needed.