What is the best Nokia phone with a full QWERTY keypad?
Question by DrSunil Vaswani /

Can you suggest a Nokia basic or advanced smartphone with a full QWERTY keypad?

• Réy Aétar

E6 for build quality, the E71 is simply, yet sturdily constructed.
    both are better than any asha phone

• Aska Nag

Hi!
    Closest to the required specification:
    Nokia N900: ARM Cortex-A8, 600 ?hz; 256 Mb RAM; 1320 mAh
    Nokia E6: ARM11, 680 MHz; 256 Mb RAM; 1500 mAh
    Best regards!

• DrSunil Vaswani

hi all

Of the nokia qwerty models which you know of can you please specify which simultaneously satisfy the three criteriae : 1 Ghz , 512 Mb RAM and a reasonably ( not necessarily too powerful ) battery

• Jacques Knipe

If I’m getting a phone for the QWERTY I want a decent size keypad. The Nokia C6-00
    would be my first choice for a phone with a nice QWERTY.
    But you do not have to choose a phone with a built in keypad. Many phones now have adapters, sort of like a phone cover, which act as a QWERY keypad.

• DrSunil Vaswani

Nice information about adaptors

Do you mean accessory as keypad?

• Jacques Knipe

Yes a qwerty keypad. The iPhone has this: http://www.sw-box.com/Kiboard-iPhone-4-Case-With-Slideout-Physical-QWERTY-Keyboard-Bluetooth.html
      I am struggling to find a similar product for Nokia phones though.

The Nokia Lumia range of phones all have minimum 1GHz Dual Core CPU’s and 512mb ram, most have 1gb ram.
      I would pick the Nokia Lumia 920 but unfortunately it does not have a physical keypad or even adapter.

The N900 was a Nokia I considered for a while before going for a cheaper and much smaller Nokia. I think it should be able to do what you want it to.

• prashanth singh rathore

Nokia X2-01 , Lumia 800

• Gianna Marie Lanete

Nokia Lumia dude

• Mahesh Kumar

Nokia E7 is damn good..

• Junil Maharjan

If you want to buy nokia with a qwerty keypad, then you will get older models coz they are not making much of these models. they are mostly focusing on touchscreen as most of the mobile phone industry. even if you get a good one then it will be a dumb phone with small keys that will be hard to type.

• DrSunil Vaswani

I understand that new models are not fully qwerty ( keypad input )

If you want to go really old school, I suggest Nokia 5XXX (I forgot…). It has both a numpad and a full QWERTY keypad. That’s what my friend used for quite some time until the numpad came off.

Then there’s the X5, pretty much have everything in business phones from WiFi to push mail and etc.

However I personally LOVE candybar type phones so there’s the Asha 303. It’s basically the X3-02 on steroids so you should be able to get used to the design in no time. You can even play Angry Birds on it!! But the screen is in portrait so the buttons are very small and are mispressed very easily. Nonetheless, I’ve been using this phone for a year and it’s very useful and easy to use since I’ve already gotten used to the S40 platform. Also, do take note that the phone is the priciest Asha phone (even 311 isn’t THAT expensive). The capacitive touchscreen can also becomes trippy at times, so be careful.

If you want to go even higher, then look at their smartphones. Nokia has plenty of these, but you should focus on the E7. It has a huge screen of (I think) 4 inches, so you have a huge keyboard to go with it. But it runs on Symbian so if you’re looking for a Lumia phone, you have to wait for a rather long time to get it.

• DrSunil Vaswani

Thanks for elaborate description

Of the nokia qwerty ( keypad ) models which you know of can you please specify which simultaneously satisfy the three criteriae : 1 Ghz , 512 Mb RAM and a reasonably ( not necessarily too powerful ) battery

• Ashraf Mohamed

Nokia Lumia 800