What is the best news reader on Android?

Rajaa Chowdhury November 26, 2012

I use the Appy Geek app for It news, PULSE for news in all categories and the Google RSS Reader for MakeUseOf RSS on my Android phone.

Is there a better alternative existing for a news reader on Android, which aggregates and presents news of various categories in one presentable interface.

1. Nikhil Goswami

I prefer Appy Geek and Pulse... Would like to give a try to JustReader... Looks promising... Thanks Kannon for the suggestion...

Thanks for asking this question - I love hearing about everyone's favorite news-reading app.

As a heavy RSS user, my recommendation is to use JustReader linked with Google Reader. One of the features that sets it apart from the other programs is the extensiveness of its gestures support. It makes it much easier to race through your RSS feed when you can swipe to star or mark as read. It has a lot of other features, too, that are too numerous to mention.

AndroidPolice recommend Greader the third party app for RSS. They give a variety of reasons, but their opinion seems to hinge on the added podcast support in Greader. I think it's good, but not the best. You can read Cameron's write up on it here.

JustReader's sterling features are numerous. For example, you can star or unread an article by swiping form either left to right or right to left. I find that it makes for an even faster reading experience than using Chrome with Google Reader and keyboard shortcuts. I guess, in a nutshell, the best summary of JustReader is that it's fast.

A few other worth newsreaders would be Feedly and Google Currents. They're both best on a tablet, but work on pretty much anything. They more or less turn your Google Reader RSS feed into a newspaper-like display. Currents comes with a larger number of prepared feeds and generic categories which makes content discovery much easier.

3. Duy Nguyen Minh

Use Rss jod and plugin in android and google search help you find it.

4. mmaduekwe stanley
  5. mmaduekwe stanley

For me
    GoogleReader Rules.

6. Abba Jee

Follow your favorite sites, blogs, and more, all in one place. The Google Reader app syncs across all your devices, so your reading lists are always up to date.
    i guess its the best choice for android

Taptu: A Multi-Platform Mobile News Reader & Curator [iOS & Android]
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/taptu-multiplatform-mobile-news-reader-curator-ios-android/

Yeps thanks, installed Taptu, agree as good as PULSE. Thanks a ton!!!

8. Tug Ricks

I'm with Minhaj as far as Google Reader via the browser. It works perfectly, and it doesn't waste my battery during the day.

NewsRob is the best : http://newsrob.blogspot.com/
    Otherwise, Google Reader Mobile Website is great though :
    http://www.google.com/reader/i/

• Justin Pot

Hadn't heard of NewsRob. Thanks for sharing.