What is the best multi-platform podcast manager?

September 8, 2013

I am looking for an easy way to discover and keep track of podcasts. I was hoping there is something that is web based for PC management and then an app that can be put onto my Android phone for mobile listening. I was looking at services like SoundCloud and Stitcher. Between the two I am leaning towards Soundcloud because it is trying to build its own community. I don’t like using Facebook, twitter, etc. to comment on things.

Is there any one go to podcast manager? I don’t seem to see any one go to service.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

1. Keith K

Pocket Casts is a great Android app that manages you podcasts and has nice discovery features. It can sync status across multiple devices. It doesn't have a PC component but one I started using it I had no need to manage my podcasts on the PC like I used to do with Google Reader.

2. Dane M

My own requirements also included offline capabilities which left stictcher out of the running.

I never found a solution I was happy with. I spent hours and hours trying to make a few different PC/Android solutions work with syncronized downloading and read marking and never did get anywhere with it.

I tried using an old ipod I have for testing web designs on iOS along with iTunes and hated the whole setup, then the iPod went all wonky on me and I couldn't slide to unlock about 50% of the time when i was out walking or hiking, and I just gave up on that concept.

I tried doubletwist, but the whole thing is just a little twised and a but of a tightwire walk routine.

I finally just turned an android into a dedicated podcatcher and I just listen to it wherever. No real community involved, but I wasn't looking for a community solution.

3. Rodrigo G

I love Miro!

It supports, podcasts, music, videos, youtube downloads...... and is cross-platform!

Downside: no comments feature.....

• Rob S

Miro is good but it doesn't have a web interface to manage my podcast subscriptions. I like to manage everything on my PC and have it all automatically show up on my android phone.

4. Rob S

After playing around some I found that SoundCloud is really lacking in the podcast discover department.