What is better, Internet Download Manager or Free Download Manager?

Rahul Chatterjee April 16, 2013

1. Eian Ampoloquio

For me it's Internet Download Manager (IDM). I've been using it for years and i don't have any problem with it. It can capture different videos, audios and files whenever you want them. It's faster and easy to use. No hassles. Just install it and your good to go to download anything you want. ;)

2. Awanindra Kumar Singh

IDM is best. As far as FDM is concerned it also good but there is sometimes problem in capturing the links.

3. babu vhora

I am using idm over a year it's download faster than another download manager. IDM is the best.............

Firstly,try both.As some of the above comments are saying they have problems with both of them,it would be better to fully evaluate each and then decide for which to go for.

5. Ankit Sarkar

IDM is better than FDm. :)

6. Aska Nag

Hi!
    If there is an opportunity to buy, better IDM. FDM course is free, but in functionality and handiness of IDM in my opinion better.
    Best regards!

7. Aska Nag

Hi!
    Best regards!

8. Anay Chaubal

FDM, coz its free! IDM has some interesting features, but FDM is very good. especially, the timer feature.

9. Harshit J

IDM is the best. Get it if you can buy it.

10. GamE

internet download manager is absolutely faster than free download manager. IDM has certain features which FDM doesn't have like grabber.

depends one is free and the second is not, just try both of them and see which one will be great for you for instance Free Download Manager contains a media converter (AVI, FLV, WMV, MEPG, MP4 and MP3).

haven't tried free download manager but i would still go for internet download manager. it allows me to download videos and audios from website which is a great use when you like a video and want to download them.

Rahul,

I have been using Free Download Manager over a year now and it is excellent. IDM gave me a lot of problems before that.

14. Daniel Eluvathingal

well in my opinion internet downloader manager is better for downloads.it uses maximum bandwidth to download.it has resume/pause support.it can even download torrents with pause support.i am using it. there will be no upload of the torrents like in torrent application,so we can save our data plan and the download will be fast.
    hope it helps.

15. dragonmouth

Better for what?