What is a reliable driver update software?

Nathaniel Fleur November 28, 2012

I’m also looking for a driver updater to update my PC’s drivers regularly, that’s why I looked into this forum.

I checked out Driver Max and it’s interesting, but I also came across a popular tool for updating drivers: Driver Detective (driverdetectiveregistrationkey.co). I want to try out this program due to its positive reviews, but I want to know which is better for me. Any feedback guys? Thanks in advance.

1. Rohit Jhawer

i am using this software Slimware for quite sometime now and i would suggest this.
    https://www.slimwareutilities.com/

2. luis donis

Driver Genius is very, payment is

3. Felix Göhringer

I've tried several driver update software and none of them were really up to date with their drivers. It's still best to go on the website of the manufacturer of your hardware.

4. Marian Cimbru

Start with 3DChip, from http://www.3dpchip.com/3dpchip/3dp/chip_down_en.php
    It's very simple after you install this. Just give it a try.

5. Rohit Pandey

u can try ccleaner.......
    http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

• Deimarr Callender

this works for drivers?

6. Md Nur-Un-Nabi Tutul

If you are dying to use a driver software then you can use driver reviver which on my opinion isn't bad...i'm using it...the best option would be to check the manufacturer website and download the driver updates from there.......go to the websites according to your motherboard manufacturers website....

7. Lisa Santika Onggrid

Actually no software is capable to manage all drivers. The best is to check the updates manually. Maybe more hassle and time-consuming, but it's more reliable to do it yourself.

8. ion popa

After testing several driver update apps - DriverIdentifier ( http://www.driveridentifier.com/ ). Just give it a try...

9. Dave Rimmer

Windows 7 already does a good job of updating your drivers try running it first to see if any do need updates. Go to your vendors site to get any updates for the laptop/desktop, as Jan stated maybe your video drivers will need updating, but nothing should need updating regular.

10. Ali Ehsan

As i see your using windows 7, you really shouldn't rely on driver software, let windows 7 do this job for you, it will be better to mess around with your drivers update process

11. Rakesh Mishra

from a reliable site or from the trusted organization site

12. Jan Fritsch

The only drivers you should (have to) update regularly are the graphics drivers. All others only when necessary e.g. to fix an existing issue or if they provide benefits like better performance (see release notes).

For example the Intel Chipset Drivers are updated regularly however the only change is support and updates to the newest (recently released) chipset. The only thing changing for "you" would be the version number.

Also, any driver update could introduce new issues or an failed update render your system unstable. Therefor I can't recommend automating that process.

I actually found myself in the position where I rolled back to older (network card) drivers as the newest one caused serious issues for me (regular connection drops, low speed)

SlimDrivers is OK. Problem with many updaters especially for older components is you don't know where they get the drivers from. Most of them scan your system for free and then ask for your cash to do anything else.

14. Mihovil Pletikos

if it works don't mess with it!

there is a review on Driver Detective
    http://www.techpin.com/driver-detective-review-the-truth/

it is up to you to decide, you can check few other driver updater, download them do scan see what they detect and also what they offer as special. I see Driver detective license is good for 10PC!

also i think DriverMax PRO - 30 days free trial, you have time to decide on this.

• Michael Vise

yes helpful

16. Adam Campbell

Here's the deal, a device's driver after the initial install probably will not be updated that often and even when it is, unless you are experiencing, you won't have to update to it. Basically things like driver detective do is update drivers, yes, but after you pay them however much $. If you are experiencing problems with a specific device, go to the manufactures website.
    Sorry if this doesn't directly answer your question, if you want something that takes care of driver updates I have heard good things about the aforementioned Driver Detective...
    good luck