What happens to Android apps installed on my SD card if I switch cards?

Osama Javaid January 18, 2013

Apps installed either on my phone’s memory or SD card memory are shown as ‘apps installed’ under the ‘my android apps’ tab on my Google account. If I want to change my SD card, I can simply uninstall them on older card and re-install them after inserting the new card – right?

What would happen if the SD card gets corrupted? Will they be still shown as installed apps under my android apps on Google account? If this is the case, I could never re-install them on the new card (unless they are shown as non-installed apps again). What would happen then?

1. Vhora Rizwan

Use Move All Sd app

2. Safvan Vhora

You can Move All Sd Card apps in Your Phone And after changing Sd Card move all apps on sd card. Use This app For move..

App2Sd

3. Saurav Azad

just un install the app from goole play store and reinstall again

4. Nevzat Akkaya

You can re-install any app on Google Play Store although "INSTALLED" text is unclickable on "My Android Apps" section. You need to click App name and go into details, then you will see clickable INSTALL button on the bottom.

Even if you had uninstalled it,you can install those apps by visiting the app's page.It doesn't matters whether it's showing installed or not in Google Play account.

well a part of the application will be in the main memory of android so i think they will shown as installed unless they are programmed to not be shown as installed after corruption. In this case file managers (Astro...) can help to fix problems.

7. Nikos Gouveris

I'm pretty sure that if you remove the SD card from your phone, the app no longer shows as installed on Play Store.

The good thing about the latest versions of Play Store is that there is an additional tab in My Apps, labeled All, where you can find a list of your app history (either is still installed or not)

8. druv vb

You can also backup for apps and contents to the Google Server.
    Check under Settings -> Backup & Reset.
    You can just switch SD Cards, open Play Store, and re-install your apps again. They will be available in the history list of all apps you downloaded from the Play Store.
    You have to search though.

If your google account shows that you have installed the app although it does not exist on your phone then simply uninstall from the google play either through the app or through the google play website. You can then install the apps again.

• Achouak Ben

google play shows the apps that you downloaded and installed even if you uninstalled them later they will still there .