What happens if I use SkyDrive sync with any folder? How do I restore files within synced folders?

Anonymous November 22, 2013

Following your old discussions concerning this topic, I managed to install the SkyShellExSetup utility.

I just wonder what will happen in the other/far computers which I sync via SkyDrive? How do I restore the synced folder in the far computers that will be created out of the SkyDrive’s ‘file system’ (using the directory junction approach)?

1. Dudi A

Awesome Hovesep A! You are the best.

From a brief look at the listed applications, none of them support remote file hosting (web server?) capability similarly to SkyDrive. Am I right? This requires that the syncing process can be executed whenever all computers are online, right?

Dudi

well if you want to sync pc to pc then yes both of them should be ON and working also online. perhaps if you can have one as ftp server and the other as client offline sync can be done? but as always pc should be ON on both side.

2. Dudi A

Thanks Hovsep A.

I guess this is impossible. I wonder if you know about any alternative free web server / Sync Server / Folder Sync application that may do the job?

Dudi

• Dudi

Thanks for this input. I am not sure it gives the answer I am looking for. Let me try re-explaining my issue. Assuming I have two computers. I want to modify each side synced folders separately the same manner as offline synchronization is made in Windows OS. That means, that it should be 2-way-syncing.
      Using SkyShellExSetup utility letting me the 1-way sync & upload very simple, without moving the synced folder into SkyDrive. However, what will happen at the second computer? How do I 'move' the synced SkyDrive folder out of the SkyDrive similarly to the computer which was configured by its local SkyShellExSetup utility?

Dudi

I am not sure that device to device sync can be run the way that you want.
      http://ssx.codeplex.com/workitem/12844
      not moving the synced folder to skydrive? well you have a copy on your pc and inside the skydrive