What happens if I close a LinkedIn account I have tried to keep private?

Harry Michael April 28, 2013

I had made a LinkedIn profile last year (related to my part time job), which I don’t want to be seen by my family members and friends.

One of my friends sent me invitation address to my Gmail id. And guess what, he typed my email address in invitation box and then, I don’t know how, he found my LinkedIn profile!!!!!

Now, I want to close my LinkedIn account permanently, but I have 2 questions:
1) Will LinkedIn inform my active LinkedIn connections & connection-requesters (that friend of mine) of closing of my account?

2) If my friend tries to view my profile using a webpage address known to him, will he know that I have deleted my profile?
Please help me urgently!!!!!

If you clearly read the instructions of the article - How to Delete a LinkedIn Account

then you can find that data might be available in search engines for a long time and it depends upon those companies to remove them.

Now,when you friends would search for you in Linked In,they won't be able to find you as all of your details would have gone within 24 hours after deletion.So,if they put stress in their minds,then they can come into conclusion that you might had deleted your account.