What does a controller error mean and what should I do to prevent it from happening?

Réy Aétar April 30, 2013

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR3.

1. Vijay Pereira

http://www.adir1.com/2012/01/solved-the-driver-detected-a-controller-error-on-deviceideideport2/

this link will help..
    I dont think i need to give any explanation after posting the link

2. yudics

check your SATA cable, move to another SATA port in your motherboard. maybe this article can help you, here is the link check it out: http://www.adir1.com/2012/01/solved-the-driver-detected-a-controller-error-on-deviceideideport2/

do you have the event number like 9 or 11, check here
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/154690/fr

be sure that all cables are in good conditions and well plugged on both sides.

• Réy Aétar

new laptop never opened it

i think DeviceHarddisk0DR0 is the first hard drive so DeviceHarddisk1DR3 can be for example after inserting USB hard drive and ejecting 3 times DeviceHarddisk1DR1, DeviceHarddisk1DR2, DeviceHarddisk1DR3

what is happening so when you boot windows you get this message? are you able to get to windows desktop?

The human view of what is the first drive in the system and Window's view of the same are frequently not identical. To be sure you are looking at the correct drive, open up the Disk Management & look at the way the drives are enumerated there. For example, on my system, my boot drive, the one connected to my first SATA port on my motherboard shows up as Disk 4 (the fifth in the system).

Since the numbers don't match on the Harddisk and DR, it must be a removable device. If it is not a cable or power issue, it is probably related to the driver so your best bet is to download the latest driver from the device vendor, uninstall the existing driver selecting the option to delete the drivers for the device (rather than just removing a few registry entries), reboot the machine and reinstall the driver.

• Réy Aétar

I was uploading photos(more than 50) to fb and at the same time coping music from my external hdd the pointer started to act wird and computer became slow i opened task manager ram usage was 95-98 % (checked firefox and flash player was taking the maximum memory after sometime firefox freezed and a message popped that flash plugin was unresponsive and would i like to end it i ended it (nothing happened) by the time the file transfer was completed but system was slow i restarted the machine a message popped which i was unable to read and then it got stuck at the log off screen for almost 3-5 mins and restarted i checked the event log and saw the error for several times

if you have windows restore point use it to revert back to earlier state where everything was fine.

1) go to run and type cmd, right click on it and choose as administrator
      2) type: chkdsk /r and hit enter

go to device manager and locate any yellow symbol, once found right clcik on them and choose uninstall then reboot.

see if it will fix the problem.