What do you think of my website and how can I improve it?

Charming Chowdary January 21, 2013

Hi,

I want a 100% valuable feed back on my website. I updated it recently and want opinions and suggestions on design, user interface and so on.

The URL is deffe.com, please submit your frank opinions.

Thanks.

1. N. Nitesh Kumar Jain

It's cool.

But just increase the font size as it is less comfortable in reading certain links, for eg., Online help | About us | Terms of service | User guide.

Your site is good on graphics and loads on time.

In ' Create Album ' section,the combobox needs to be of mac style as the whole site is inspired to be Mac styled.

In ' Upload images ' section,the buttons needs to be in single line i.e. and rounded as the combobox is rounded and the besides buttons not.Same goes for search button too.

Under ' signup section ',even when user doesn't inputs data,it shows Taken text and also displays a red cross sign which is contradictory to the user.You can use some automated or jquery precooked by some developer to automatically validate those fields.

The 'User Guide ' section needs to place elsewhere as it's the thing which needs to be noticed and it's placed nearby terms and conditions which many site owners try to hide it by placing it below the page.The guide can include images and videos.

The site can have a short intro video on how to use your site to share and save photos.

eg : - jQuery Validation Plugin -

http://webscripts.softpedia.com/script/Form-Processors/jQuery-Validation-Plugin-59570.html

thanks susendeep :) i will make a video soon

3. Safvan Vhora

As A Surfer I Think Your website simple and its articles are useful.

• Jack Schiff

Which articles are particularly useful?

4. Jacques Knipe

- Your site looks very professional, very premium and you can see that a lot of hard work went into the whole design and layout of letterboxes and images. It definitely does not look like a website created in a couple of hours.
    - The first thing I noticed was definitely the color. I know purple is most likely your color scheme but there is just too much of it. This is just the opinion of one person though.
    - I like the stars/dots moving around as I move the cursor. It's a small and unimportant feature not related to your product, but it's always nice to see the small details.
    - Have another look at the grammar and spelling in some places. On the main page "Your own adress (yourname.deffe.com)", another "d" in address.
    - The wording of this sentence "Look at all the things you will get." The use of "things" does not seem right to me. I would rather say "Look at all the benefits you will get." Again this is just my opinion.
    - Other than above mentioned I really like the layout, available templates and overall look of the site. Might just use it myself!

thank you :) i corrected those spell mistakes thanks once again

5. Muo TechGuy

Looks nice, but only because you took a cookie cutter template design from http://themeforest.net/item/konstruktor-responsive-corporate-wordpress-theme/2785233 rather than making it yourself. The parrallax effect is silly, and only amounts to the insane amount jquery plugins that you're loading on every page, making for a very slow and heavy experience - that's the problem when you don't make something yourself, ofcourse. It would buckle under more a few visitors.

To be honest though, it's just pointless. Why would I upload my pictures to a random website that offers nothing over existing services, and even worse in the way of privacy concerns? What exactly have you offered that's *original*? The domain name doesn't even relate to the services, unless it's foreign.

Start again, and create something original that offers value to users. Don't just make something because you think it's cool and if you copy everyone else then they will come. Because they won't.

thanks :) will consider your comment , i am just in the initial stage that's the reason why i asked for your opinions. i am sure deffe would get some thing what you call *original* in the future

6. Stanimir Mihov

Looks nice man!

thanks :)

7. salim benhouhou

awesome and sleek design very good job

• Achouak Ben

very attractive design keep up the good job

thank you :)

I have checked your website, signed up for your service.
    here is what i want to say.
    1: I could not see any type of encryption, when i register and give you my email and other personal information there should be encryption.
    2: No information is given about company behind this service. this ensures users your service won't stop after few weeks because of low budget.
    3: Design and development is good but do requires some work. For example i want to see a preview when i want to select a template in creating albums.
    4: What i found a bit complicated is navigation in albums and lack of advanced photo management techniques. There should be support of nested albums as well.
    5: No options for privacy, i could not select who can see my photos.
    6: Support of some basic touch would make the service better, if you do not have the resources to develop your own application many open source soft wares are available.
    7: I could not find a link to share my photo on Facebook or other social media.
    8: No option for deleting accounts or changing information like full name , email address.
    9: No user interaction, even the service did not asked me about confirming my email address.
    10: Options to sign up using open id will make registration much easier.
    11: The design is good

your review is really helpful , i will work on the points you mentioned

The website looks good but the only thing that bothers me is the background with the shiny dots.

1. Check misspelling first. Example, there should be an extra D in adress in the line Your own adress (yourname.deffe.com)
    2. The footer testimonials, templates and have a question should cover the whole width of the page as there is a blank gap in the right side, making it look odd aesthetically.
    3. Have a cloud service like DropBox integration, so that people can just drag and drop images to the dropbox desktop client to enable sync with their user-space in your website.
    4.Should have OpenID login support.

i corrected it, i am thinking of the right thing to fill the gap i will fill it up as soon as i got some thing better

11. Paul Pruitt

Hi. The site is impressive and looks like it hangs well togethor, solid. Also congratulations on such a short domain name.

My only initial impression is the wispy cursive heading fonts won't sell as much for you as a thicker font. Generally my impression is that sites that succeed are very simple is design feel, whereas a calligraphic font doesn't give you that feeling.

At least on your site, I would leave the wispy calligraphic elements to the website theme, not in the font. I don't know why that is my feeling about the site, I'm just giving you a shoot from the hip judgement. Also if you want to convey accessibility in making wedding albums, you should change the theme colors to make them more pastel and closer to white, for instance making a background that has a texture of paper people use to make wedding invitations.

thanks paul we will have a look at it

12. Antonio Ruiz Mateos

Overall design is ok.

The footer layout should be of 3 columns, instead of 4 leaving the right one empty (that or put something in that right column).

I don't see the need of repeating the same slider both in the bottom of the content and in the footer.

In the sign up page you should place the main content using two columns 50-50, not 3 and leaving the right part empty (similar problem as the one mentioned with the footer, which also happens in other sections... double check that if you can).

The login page is too empty. You could either make the form a little bigger adding some text or graphics, or even load it in a modal window instead.

Check the typography in the terms of service, looks like you forget to close the label with courier font used for the name of the site, so it breaks the flow of the final part of the text.

I hope I can help you somehow.

Cheers.

thanks for your precious input , i corrected the typography mistake :) will look on the other things you mentioned asap

13. Jan Fritsch

The site does look good, I haven't tested the functionality.

What I don't like at all and therefor would never use it is that you are offering a service with restrictions, limitations and even threads of "legal actions by reporting to the police" yet you don't provide any information about the company or organization behind the service.

Even the domain registration is completely private giving no sense of the seriousness of the owner or provider of the service.

thanks for your comment i will work on that :)

• Jan Fritsch

No problem ~ I apologize if it came over a bit too "strong".

Seeing that you have added the "team" at the bottom it does give the site a new face (pun intended). ;-)

One point I forgot was the font at the ToS (I think) but you have already corrected/fixed/changed it... So yes, I like it.

no no its okay Mr.Jan fritsch we are thinking about something nice to fill the gap mean while you pointed out the missing information so we just added *our team* initially -thanks for the response though :)

14. Tech Nech

WOW! This is pretty nice website. I guess you have worked on it a lot. I haven't checked its functionality yet but the design looks pretty nice, clean and crisp! Good work.

thank you , if have time check out for functionality too :) thanks once again