What can I when I’m told my “Microsoft account doesn’t exist”?

Apple M July 23, 2013

I created a Hotmail email account in 2010 and at the time I was able login with my email, and I have also verified Bing webmaster through this account.

But now, when I try to login with my Hotmail email & password I am getting message ‘Microsoft account doesn’t exist’.

So what can I do?

1. Levi

But I have this same issue, but I only made the account a day ago...

Arrrghh.....I had important information in my email, and now I go to access it, I find that it's been deleted. Holy hell, this sucks.

3. Justin Pot

When the last time you signed in? Because as Bruce said, if it's been 270 days your account is simply gone. Everything's been deleted. Sad but true.

it happened to me also couldnt get it back, limitations of Hotmail:(

Also,have a look at the article -

Know When Your Windows Live Hotmail Account Expires

If you have not logged into the account with 270 days, it becomes inactive, all emails are deleted and no new emails are accepted. After a year, ti is permanently deleted and may be reassigned to another user. In order to keep a hotmail account (or Windows Live ID) active, you must log in with it on the web at least every 8 months or so.

Because of the message you are getting, I am assuming that it has been more than a year since you have logged in with this ID. Your only option is to create a new account. You should be able to essentially recreate your old account (use the same mailbox name) since it claims it does not exist (it has not yet been re-used). Even if you use the same email address, any materials that were associated with this (old email, files on Skydrive, etc) will no longer be there as they would have been permanently deleted with the account.