What can I do to help recover my Android tablet if it ever gets stolen?

Vadi Velan November 7, 2012

Dear friends,

I have an Ubislate 7Ci working well. In the event that my tablet is stolen, how would I be able to recover it? It is the Ubislate 7Ci without GPRS & SIM slot, only 3G dongle & Wi-Fi. Can you recommend apps and precautions to take?

Please help! Thanks.

1. Alisa Fish

I have once met that problem, too. And I use the Android data recovery software for helping me deal with that. Luckily I have recover all the data I want.
    You need to pay attention, do not add any files into your tablet before recovering.
    And then use this software I recommend for you, you will get your files back.
    Here it is.
    http://www.goshareware.com/android-data-recovery.html

2. Dimal Chandrasiri

use bitdefender anti theft! it's a nice application where you have an online control panel.! u can track the device, wipe it, and lock the device via the internet!

3. Aniket Singh

Get lookout security. it can track your device. but it requires location and data services to be enabled.

there are other great apps as well. check google play.

5. sachin goral

I'd recommend u use bit defender anti-theft. U must have read the review, here

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/keep-your-mobile-devices-safe-and-sound-with-bitdefender-anti-theft-giveaway/

6. Boni Oloff

I ever got my android stolen, and i track it. And prove it as mine from the stoler. And then i do reset all the data and the settings.. You can find it the settings.

7. Brandon Clark
    • Lisa Santika Onggrid

Prey is pretty good. The only downside is that you can only get 10 reports in free version. The Android version includes On-Demand feature for free and pro users so you're lucky.

A big list! Thanks