What can I do for burning MKV files to DVD on a Mac?

Sunny June 5, 2013

Who can tell me which kind of MKV to DVD converter is with better quality? And then, can someone tell me the tutorial steps of how to convert and burn MKV to DVD on Mac OS? The more detailed the better.

1. Edwinliu444

Hey buddy, i know some free Mac DVD authorizing applications but i have no idea of their perfomance on your system. You can try them, they are totally free after all. Here they are:

1. visual hub (www.macworld.com/article/1054163/visualhub.html)
    2. MPEG Streamclip (www.squared5.com)
    3. SmallDVD (www.smallsoftware.co.uk/smalldvd/)

P.s. Besides free DVD authoring apps, followings are some free DD converting apps you may also need:

1. Handbrake (www.handbrake.fr)
    2. DVDripper (http://drm-assistant.com/dvdrippingsoftware.html)
    3. DVDshrink (www.dvdshrink.org)

2. Jacob T

Recently 1DVD Creator seems very popular. I see quite a few people are using this app. So I'm using this stuff, too. It supports almost all popular video formats to burn into a disc including MKV, FLV, WMV or other popular formats.
    The steps of burning MKV to DVD on Mac OS are as following:

1 Inser a blank disc

2 Add the exported videos to the DVD creator
    Run 1DVD Creator for Mac and click “import” to add the exported iMovie video files as titles and chapters with one click. Or you can drag the files into the right side of the program window directly.

3 Customize your DVD menu
    Set the background of your layout in the offered background styles or select one from the computer. You can also customize the frame and button. Click “Music” to set your favorite music as the background music of your DVD.
    Tip: It’s the same in frame and button setting. You can not only choose from the offered styles but also can choose other style according to your preference.
    In a title, you can add as much as 50 clips.

Make a DVD slideshow from iPhoto library:
    Firstly, export a M4V video file from your iPhoto library.
    Secondly, add this video file to 1DVD Creator library and burn it to DVDs.

4 Preview
    Preview the working state of your DVD which is about to burn. You can choose D5 or D9.

5 Start burning iMovie files to DVD
    Click the “Create” button to access the "Burn" window. Insert the blank writable DVD disc to your Mac and choose "DVD Disc", then click "Create" to start burning and saving your videos to DVD.
    Tip: There are two DVD modes--- NTSC and PAL for you to choose. You should choose NTSC or PAL depend on your DVD device. NTSC is for America, PAL is for Europe.

MacX Free MKV Video Converter
    http://www.macxdvd.com/mkv-video-converter-free/
    then you can send it to iMovie?

4. Barbara Reese

The only way I know of is to use a program called Aimersoft DVD Creator for Mac. It works very well and you wont have to do multiple conversions of the files in order to get it to work. It does have a trial download (I think it is a 15 day trial). I have used Aimersoft for other projects and it works well.

The other option is to convert the file to something that iDVD or another DVD authoring program that you might have on your mac can read. Handbrake can convert the mkv to another type of file, but you do run the risk on the conversion of losing quality.