What are the advantages of Windows 8 vs. Windows 7?
Question by Stanimir Mihov /

What are the advantages of Windows 8 if upon install you:
Revert its look back to Windows 7
Disable most of the new features (live tiles, metro UI)

Why not go for Windows 7 SP1 instead ?
Im struggling with this question since I have read this post

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/7-windows-8-niggles-resolved/

• freddy

Microsoft will do what they always do with new software – use their users as guinea pigs for the first 6 months, put them through the pain barrier and then release a service pack to clean up all the crap.

Win 8 may be faster to boot from scratch but there’s little difference from sleep. It is also slower in some of the key real world areas like 3D and some games.

In addition, the new interface looks like it’s been designed by and for pre-school kids. If you want an OS for grown ups, stick with Windows 7

• nani

recently i have seen an article which is really helpful in knowing the pros and cons of windows 8 to windows 7..link.:http://techwikasta.com/2012/12/pros-and-cons-of-windows-8-to-windows-7/…check out this once to get better idea..!

• Chris Goodwin

If you’re using a tablet or a pc with a ‘Windows 8 Compatible Touchscreen’, windows 8 will allow you to make use of this device in a far more succinct way. This is the main benefit of windows 8. Other than that, you’re probably better to stick with windows 7; Windows 8 has not been massively popular, and you don’t want to spash the cash on something that might be very quickly be replaced (such as vista)

That’s assuming you already have windows 7 of course.

• Switchblade Rebirth

Windows 8 in my personal experience has a lot of advantages, such as Windows Store, lighter resource usage, faster boot time, can be used on touchscreen PC’s and tablets.

• Rakesh Pal

Windows 8 is a totally new vesion from microsoft. its open early than windows 7 and shutdown early than windows 7.Windows 8 is a totally new version of Windows that, in addition to the traditional desktop, also includes a new-style interface for use with touchscreens – whether that’s on a touchscreen laptop, all-in-one PC or tablet.

• Benjamin Tiessen

BUY IT NOW BEFORE JANUARY 31st WHEN IT WILL BE $200 DOLLARS INSTEAD OF 40!

• Newell Fisk

Windows 7 is much better.. don’t go to windows 8.. it’s horrible

• Vhora Rizwan

• Nevzat Akkaya

Windows 8’s advantages :
    Better hardware usage and handling, faster startup-shutdown, better file explorer (I like ribbon interface), faster file copy operations, networking enhancements, cheaper (maybe free) upgrades to future Windows versions (Windows 9 is on the horizon according to some rumors), you’ll also be on the edge of what MS offers so far. I like having the latest software. :)

• Adriel Tan

Why choose 8 over 7 SP1?
    The main advantages (if the user interface is exactly like 7) is probably the speed boost, lighter footprint, and security features.

There are some small advantages here and there like the much improved task manager, tighter integration with microsoft services and much more.

Also the price is great! And for me personally, I don’t find the metro interface annoying as I spend 99% of the time in the desktop with all my desktop apps and I just go into the start menu and type to launch applications. The live tiles are useful-ish, and the apps from the metro store are (mostly) very nice,