What are some unique uses for a VPN?

Joseph Videtto January 30, 2013

I recently read the MUO post about ‘What A VPN Tunnel Is & How To Set One Up”. In addition to the reasons listed in that article about why one might want to do this – can you share other reasons you’ve set one up to solve your specific problems or challenges ?

1. Kashif Maqsood

Main Reason:to bypass geographical internet restrictions.

2. Scott Hilderbran

I think internet censorship is probably one of the big items. Also internet privacy.

VPN is useful in countries where internet censorship exits and each and every keystrokes or activities is monitored.Also,to download torrents in order to hide what you are downloading.

5. Wong Wee

The main problem my VPN solved for me is to access content that are geographically restricted to the US.
    With my VPN connection, I am able to access content from Hulu, Pandora, etc.

In addition, I use VPN when I'm accessing sensitive information (ie, banking) in a public location which I don't trust or when I'm in a oversea hotel with free Wifi

6. brenobs

you can always get a secure connection to anywhere in the world

Here's another link that will help you understand more.
    http://strongvpn.com/vpn-accounts.shtml