What are some good lightweight smartphones?

DrSunil Vaswani December 8, 2012

Can anyone please tell me the name and model numbers of some sleek and lightweight smartphones?

1. Tim Brookes

The iPhone 5 is my choice. Bought one a few weeks ago, it's incredible how light it is compared to the 4/4S. Also coming from an iPhone 4 the extra screen space and processing power is clear as day. Just be sure to put it in a case (even a thin, low profile one) if you don't want it to get too scratched. The "slate" black version tends to scratch a lot more noticeably than the white version, but then this is because it uses aluminium which is a lot more prone to scratching.

Using aluminium instead of stainless steel (as Apple have previously in earlier models) results in much less weight - which is exactly what you want! I did notice I was doing the "tap your pocket" thing checking I still had my phone on me a lot more for the first few weeks because I literally couldn't feel it in my pocket.

Steer clear of beasts like the Lumia 920 and Galaxy Note II if you want lightweight! I guess the Nexus 4 is pretty good and lightweight, though it doesn't have 4G (LTE) which may or may not bother you. Good luck!

2. salim benhouhou

samsung galaxy S II or S III

3. Miguel Sanchez

HTC One X, it really nice

4. Justin Pot

I don't know anything about smart phones. At all. I don't even own one. But I do know that the iPhone 5 is crazy light. It's freakish. Kind of scary, actually.

Now you know this.

5. James Hudson

samsung galaxy mini i have it. its a good phone

6. Avish Kansakar

iphone5, galaxy s3, droid razr (all the versions are sleek), google nexus

7. Jack Rosenthal

Nexus 4, Nexus 4, Nexus 4... and the Nexus 4

8. Amanda Nagle-Chicoine

The new Windows 8X phone is very light: 4.58 oz.
    T Mobile My Touch is 4.99 oz.
    Samsung Gallery is 4.5 oz. (I have this and love it!

9. Rohit Pandey

c3
    asha 205
    x2-01
    x2
    asha 311,305

Panasonic Eluga is a lightweight, waterproof, and oddly-named Android smartphone
    http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/panasonic-eluga-is-a-lightweight-waterproof-and-oddly-named-android-smartphone-20120221/

Some sleek and lightweight smartphones are Apple iPhone 5,Sony - Xperia S,Xperia P,
    Samsung Galaxy S III,Motorola Droid Razr Maxx.