What are good venues/methods for getting videos embedded on websites?

Stephen S September 17, 2013

I’m trying to figure out how to get some of our videos at this YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/profoundmedia1/videos) embedded on other websites. One of our videos was picked up by a few websites but it’s not the greatest clip and I want to know why (and how) that one was embedded.

Any advice appreciated but please, no scam sites as a solution!

1. Alan W

Quite a lot of forums allow you to embed videos. If you want to embed a YouTube vid then just copy the youtube video address for the video in question and in the forum of your choice you should see a little video icon when you are going to write a post, click on that and paste the video address in.
    Or have I got it totally wrong in what you mean?

2. James B

You don;t get to decide which videos are embedded on other websites! If your videos are public, people can pick and choose anything they want. You can disable embedding on a per video basis if you want, but you certianly can't specific which will be embedded.

As for the embedding method itself, it's easy. In WordPress, you just paste the URL and it magically transofrms into a video; for other systems, YouTube provides convenient embed codes on every video page -just look at any video, and select the SHARE -> EMBED links in the description area.

3. Edward F

Convert the video to HTML 5 format. Then add the HTML 5 video to your website.

4. Alan W

What type of websites are you looking to embed your videos on?

• Stephen S

Any popular DIY or How-to sites are desirable. My question was really... are there methods, tools, or tips to get YouTube videos shared on other sites.

I know quality content is important so the videos are worthy of being shared. However, apart from quality content, does anyone know of a sharing service or other method to publicize YouTube videos **outside of YouTube**? Their advertising is now extremely expensive (since Google fully took-over) and I would like to learn about other ways to promote "how-to" videos at no cost (or low cost).