What app will let me view WordPress blogs?
Question by ndsmyter /

I follow the twitter feed and sometimes find interesting post while I’m not near a computer. So then I open the site on my phone. Even though my phone has a rather big screen I sometimes find some things are not what they’re supposed to be. For example when I think about the bar at the top of the screen containing your personal info, you only see the things that you don’t care about. And if you want to see the interesting part you have to scroll out a lot (which makes it hardly readable)

I am an Android user, so it would also be nice for me to have a dedicated Android app that will open when I click on a MakeUseOf link (as an Android developer I know that is possible). Are there already apps that allow me to view WordPress Blogs (e.g. the MakeUseOf site) on my Smartphone?

• Mike Case

I don’t know of any app that does this, but I do know that it’s all based on the WordPress theme, so in theory an app could be developed that could view blogs using the WordPress framework but always use the same theme, regardless of what the site-owner has specified. I’ll have to look into that…

• Mac Witty

I agree, it would have been nice if you could have a client-side app that make wordpress blogs easier to view on a phone. Have not seen anything like this and it is maybe hard to develope as many change the source code a bit to get their blog to look as they want.

• Junil Maharjan

I didn’t much understand what you want but my guess is you want to view the sites on your mobile and you want them to be easy to view on mobile. This requires the companies or website owner to design their website like that. WordPress sites have special plugins like wp-touch, etc. that can be used for sites to appear differently on mobile devices. hope this is what your are looking for.