What app should I download to create, edit and open text files, presentations and similar files on an Android tablet?

Jonathan B August 12, 2013

Basically, I want the functionality of Microsoft Office, but for my brand new 4.0 Android tablet.

The only ones you should choose for office editing apps are -

Quickoffice Pro (Office & PDF) [$14.99]

and

Kingsoft Office 5.6.1 (Free)

2. Luc Schots

Kingsoft Office, without hesitation

3. Lye Foo

Kingsoft Office for editing, as it is free. OfficeSuite if you are willing to pay. OfficeSuite viewer is free, and it is good to have in case there are some files Kingsoft Office fails to display properly.

4. Mark H

I have used Google Drive and Skydrive on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2. For Apps, I have been evaluating and have on my device: Kingsoft Office, Polaris Office 4.0, and Quickoffice. I did try Documents to Go, but it was the first to go. Of what I've tried so far, somewhat surprisingly since it is free, Kingsoft Office has been best equipped for my needs.

5. Oswaldo Bellido

I've used Documents To Go both for Android (free) and for iOS (paid). It just works.

6. Jeffrey Zabala

Personally I've always liked QuickOffice and it's what I use on my company phone.

7. Robin M

If you have office 365 subscription with Office 2013 you can use it on your Android device - http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/?tab=4&CR_CC=200061904&WT.srch=1&WT.mc_id=PS_google_O365Comm_office%20android_Text

That is what I will be doing!

• AOM

This is only for phones, not tables.

8. Charles T

I'm still out for experimenting. I use DocumentsToGo... I use the full version, but they also carry a free version. The full version cost $14.95, but it was the best $15.00. Feature rich program. However, I am also using Quickoffice, but haven't decided to go QuickofficePro yet. If I decide for too long, I'll update my opinion, but right now DocumentsToGo (with the addition of RoadSync) and I'm sitting pretty good.

9. Ralph Wagner

I have tried Documents to Go, Kingsoft Office, Polaris Office and Pro Office Suite 7.

-Documents to Go - Just does not do the job
    -Kingsoft Office - for being free, great app has some limitations related to editing and sorting and tweak Office 2007 apps sometimes
    -Polaris Office - Looks so pretty is close to King but has too many limitations to be totally useful but good to have around
    -Pro OS 7...I have only tried the trial so far and it seems to do all I would do in MS Office. But being a penny pincher waiting for that $.99 cent sale to come around again...but I have a feeling I may bite the bullet and pay the $15 bucks.

But for the most part what I do is use 2X to remote into my desktop and do my work on my MS Office. 2X makes it feel like it's right there on the Android desktop.

10. Elrick B

Kingsoft office Definately

Personally, I like Kingsoft Office the best. It's a very fine product, and it's free!

12. ??????? G

I use OfficeSuite Professional and I can view, create and edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents plus I can view PDFs and email attachments and send files via email

I use Kingsoft Office. If does the job fairly well for me and it's free. It has a rating of 4.6 stars out of 5 in the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cn.wps.moffice_eng

14. Matt S

Try QuickOffice Pro, it's developed by Google. You also can try just using the Google Drive app.