What Android app can stream audio and save it, but not download it?

amit pancholi May 10, 2013

I want an Android application which can stream audio and save it, but not download it.

Basically whenever I am connected to the Internet it streams audio and after that whenever I have time I can play it. It must not store the file anywhere on my device physically.

I want to develop a similar app so your help will be helpful!

1. amit pancholi

HI all,
    Thanks for rply,
    I mean, whenever user play an audio it will download in his mobile but user must not have an access of that file without this application. in sort user will not able to share that audio anyhow. All i need is this.

Its ok if audio will download because i want to play it when no internet connection.

Can i save it in cache or somewhere like that.....

The only way I know of to achieve a file being streamed but not downloaded on your device is to stream it to your mates device!

well you can forbid download option? perhpas to bookmark if thats what you want then this should happen in the cloud, how????

The question is a bit contradictory by itself. Whenever a stream happen, the file is also physically downloaded in a temp space. Besides, if something is not downloaded, how can you save it? Last, if it is not saved, how can you played it later.

Probably I think you are talking of bookmarking the site to again play later. However, you still have to have a internet connection active in that case.

5. Tim Brookes

Hi Amit,

I am the admin who just published your question, and though I think I've spotted a problem I thought I'd publish it and ask you a question instead.

You say you want to stream and save audio but not download it? If you are not downloading it (streaming basically means downloading, except the data is discarded once played) then how do you expect to be able to save the audio?

Do you mean you don't want to save your streamed audio as a file? How do you intend to recall the file later if it's not stored on your device?

In short I'm not sure what you're asking is possible, because in order to save that audio you will need to download it to a location where it can be retrieved. I'm sure others will spot this too, if you mean something else please reply to this answer and I can amend the question for you.

Tim

• amit pancholi

HI all, Thanks for rply, I mean, whenever user play an audio it will download in his mobile but user must not have an access of that file without this application. in sort user will not able to share that audio anyhow. All i need is this. Its ok if audio will download because i want to play it when no internet connection. Can i save it in cache or somewhere like that.....

• amit pancholi

As us said "streaming basically means downloading, except the data is discarded once played"

I want to save this downloaded data temporarily and as i said user must not able to share that.........!

• Tim Brookes

Ok I see what you mean!

Unfortunately I don't use Android, and in my search haven't come across any apps that do exactly what you would like. So, what about something like: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.beka.tools.hidefiles&hl=en

That lets you hide files and show them again, and stores them in a folder on the memory card. I'm not sure how well it works as I can't test it, but it seems like a good workaround - download the file, hide it, then when you want access to it you can unhide it again. Useful?

That or a podcast management application or something similar, but I couldn't find any that would be secure (i.e. password/code lock).

• Nick

I dont know