What all can I do with AutoHotkey and are there any hidden features?

Terafall December 24, 2012

I’m still new to AutoHotkey, so I don’t know much what I can do with it. So far I only use it to launch certain apps and expand several text. Do you know any tips, tricks or Easter egg with this app?

1. Lisa Santika Onggrid

Adding to Jan's comment, the use of AHK is limited only to your imagination. There are also AHK-based tiny softwares released by people over at DonationCoder (I suggest you to go there to see by yourself). You can use it to automate nearly everything. Tips? Learn the scripting language.

4. Jan Fritsch

This reminds me of how people think at my work place. They first buy an iPad and then ask what they can actually do with it which they can't on their iPhone or Mac...

You should first look into what you need to be done or simplified and then see whether AutoHotkey can do it for you. AHK has it's own scripting language in the background so the limit of what it can do is unknown and mostly depends on how much effort you put into it.

Find a task you feel it should or could do for you and then search if someone has done it before already.