Which are the best websites for listening to music online?

sandu May 20, 2011

Which are the best websites for listing to music online? Pop, rock, international music.

1. Sithuraj

I usually use http://withfriendship.com site to listen and watch video songs.
    Here i can add favourite list.

2. jello

I have used Rhapsody for many years, it is $125 a year.  There are many free methods of duplicating Rhapsody on the internet for free, but my understanding is some of this money reaches those hungry musician artists.  I also use Winamp and listen to the integrated Shoutcast, AOL and other podcasts (all free).

3. T_olivar

Have you tried typing ¨free online radio¨or ¨free streaming radio¨ in Google?
    One site that I use is ¨www.sky.fm¨, another is ¨www.365.com¨. They both list music by genre so it is easy to find what style of music that you like.

4. Abhishek Gupta

Try this site grooveshark.com very good site for music collection

Sandu,

do you just want to stream any music by genre?

There are many ways that will work even outside the US, which Pandora will not. I recommend Last.fm. You might also want to look into online radio stations. Here, my recommendation is SHOUTcast.

Also check out these articles:
    Listen To Your Favorite Music Online For Free With Grooveshark
    7 Online Music Streaming Services With NO Restrictions
    Top 10 Free Ways To Discover New Music Online

6. Roy

Pandora is a good, popular choice.  If you're not familiar with it, the basic concept is that it creates an internet radio station tailored to your personal taste.  You choose a song or artist as a basis for the station, and it tries to pick similar songs and artists that you may like.  You can make the recommendations better by rating the songs it chooses (thumbs up or thumbs down), and by adding additional artists and songs to the station.

Another advantage Pandora has is that you can use it on multiple devices.  I use it on my computers, my smartphone and my internet-connected blu-ray player, so I can have my customized radio station anywhere.  There is a monthly limit on the free subscription, I'm not sure exactly what it is though.

You may also want to try Youtube.  Search for a particular artist or genre, and see if there is a playlist for that search.  My wife likes to leave a tab open in her browser with a Youtube playlist of music videos while she works.

• Jaya7 Sandu

Thank you bro