How can I know about websites which use my eMail or name?

swilliam July 1, 2010

The number of websites that send me spam massages that I even don’t know about. Is this possible that I can check how many websites and online services use my eMail in order to send massages automatically?

1. Michael

Hi can anyone help me with this. im having some serious concerns on what sites i created accounts or memberships on and i don't know where i can find that information. i want to get rid of some accounts but i can't without knowing what groups im apart of.

2. Ryan Dube

Tina's article covered Google Alerts and a few other tools that may help:

I'd start there, and also check all incoming emails for unsubscribe links or other links that may reveal the source (where you might have subscribed unknowingly).

Try Google Alerts, or just google your email address.If you are sick of getting emails, just setup a mail filter, and add the email address that are sending you emails to automatically go to the trash.

End to follow on with Jessica's comment, if you have Google Web History enabled, you could search through that. You can even use it to spy on people.

I use Google Alerts for my name, websites, email addresses etc. All you need to do is set it up once and you will recieve an email everytime your name is found via Google. Find out more here

5. Jessica Cam W.

Unless you display your email as a way to contact you in your website, for example, no one can know your email address. So maybe, you had signed up for seemingly harmless online services, in which case you either kept a record of those in your web browser or can look up in your archived emails to see which services you signed up for.

In the first case, sometimes your web browser might have a list of websites where you signed in with your emails, provided that you allowed your browser to remember your passwords. So with Firefox, for example, head to Tools > Options > Security tab > Saved Passwords.