How can I forward a website?

Karyn June 20, 2010

How can I eMail an internet page using my Yahoo or Outlook Express eMail?

You may also, use a website like WebInMail to get the copy of the webpage sent to your email address and then forward it to the email of your choice.

You have a couple of options:
    1. Copy and send the URL (the address of the website) in the email. For example to send this page, email http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/website/

2. Use a program that captures the page as a PDF and you can email that. To simple do this, just copy the following into the address bar on your browser on the page that you want to convert to pdf

javascript:(function(){var%20a=window,b=document,c=encodeURIComponent,d=a.open("http://www.google.com/bookmarks/mark?op=edit&output=popup&bkmk="+c(b.location)+"&title="+c(b.title),"bkmk_popup","left="+((a.screenX||a.screenLeft)+10)+",top="+((a.screenY||a.screenTop)+10)+",height=420px,width=550px,resizable=1,alwaysRaised=1");a.setTimeout(function(){d.focus()},300)})();

3. Go to file, Save page as, copy the contents of the file into a zip file and email the zip as an attachment.

If you need any help in doing one of these, please let me know and I will go through in more detail

• Teckconfused

Hi Jack,

i need a bit of clarification on security concerns on forwarding a site link. If i am a subscribed user to some ABC site & i receive a certain report via email from this site. A detailed report is visible only when i click on the link provided in the email. My concerns are:
      1. Usually, i need to login to access this report but via this link i am re-directed to the said page without login. Is there any kind of security compromise here for the user(me)?
      2. After i log-out from the site, will the other person be able to view this report thru cache on the machine?

Awaiting ur reply..Thanks

• Jack Cola

I can't tell you the answer because I cant see a working demo of the site you are talking about in question.

Usually, the link in the email will be unique, so only people who know the link can access the content. The site could have it set up that you can only click that link once, and after that it expires, or they could have it that it so it's only accessible for 48 hours.

If your webbrowser caches the link, or stores it in history, then yes, someone could read the contents since you don't need to authenticate. If your worried, tell the user to copy the link into Chromes Incognition mode, Firefox or private browsing modes and you should be safe. If in doubt, ask the site owner these questions.

Karyn,

what exactly do you want to forward?

Generally, you just copy the website link (URL), paste it into a new eMail, and send it to whomever you wish to share the page with.

You cannot forward the entire website. You can, however, save the website to a PDF or Word document or make a screenshot. These files can be attached to an eMail.

So what exactly are you looking for?

• Jessica Cam W.

If the website displays text and images, you could also select them, copy and paste them into your email.