Is there a website or web app that will convert web downloads to torrents?

Thegreatvinay March 26, 2012

I have a poor Internet speed which often takes a break, making downloads above 100mb impossible. I use download managers to resume the broken downloads but I cant do that all the time (a 1GB of file takes all day to download and I can’t click on “Resume” all day.

If I can get the same file as a .torrent then my torrent client resumes download automatically? So is it possible to convert those large files to torrents? I usually download files from RapidShare, EasyShare etc, help me guys.

1. Indronil Mondal

may be this will also help 

http://www.torrent2exe.com/

2. Tongpoe

This is an awesome idea! I wish all downloads were available as torrents, I hate waiting on slow servers

If you are using premium accounts on these sites, jDownloader can auto-resume from those sites.  Your current download manager should allow you to configure it to automatically resume broken downloads as well (at least I have yet to find one that doesn't).  The only restrictions with the sites you mentioned is that you must be a premium member to allow resuming downloads and your download manager must be able to communicate your username and password to those sites.

4. Carpenter__RichardCarpenter

Short Answer, nope can't be done.