Is there a website that will alert me when my favorite bands are playing shows near me?

Braydon Byrd August 15, 2012

I just found out that one of my favorite musicians did an acoustic show 30 minutes from my house two days ago. Is there a website that I can use to keep this from happening again?

1. salim benhouhou

i think that last.fm provide you with these information

2. Bill

There is a service that tells you when your favorite bands are playing:
    https://automagical.ly/Application/LastFm

3. rama moorthy

Following Twitter and Facebook, and getting RSS feed from their website ..!

4. Rusell

Yeah you can use http://directseats.com to get updates of your favorite stars and assure that you don't miss the show.

5. Louwra Preyser

The best way to stay up to date with where your favorite band is playing is to follow them on Facebook or other social media sites. Or sign up for an email 'newsletter' if they have one.

6. jrasulev

Check if you fav band has a web-page on myspace and facebook

7. Juan Carlos Espinosa Agudelo

I think the others have given the resources I know.

The reason I'm writing this comment, is because I think you should know that some of these services can turn into spam of advertisements. I used to have a lot of bands liked on Facebook, but when I saw that they where taking up like 80% of my Facebook's posts, I unliked them, so you should beware of services doing things like that.

8. Eric Slacktish

Try bandsintown.com, they send me emails when a band on my list announces a show in my area. You can import a list of your fav artists from last.fm or Pandora.

If you're into jambands, jambase.com has similar features (but is obviously geared towards jambands).

9. Min Shum

If you are using Spotify (requires that you have set up a Facebook account), you can install an app for spotify called Songkick Concerts. It will alert you for nearby concerts and events featuring your favorite artists and/or artists which you listen most to (according to what you play on spotify).

Yet again, this is something very specific and requires at least two additional services.

Good luck.

11. GayashanNA

If the band is on twitter, follow them. It's the easiest way to be notified and most bands tend to have an active twitter account! =)

12. Michael Teague

The only way I have found to do this is through the band's website. Even getting emails from Ticket Master or Ticket.com you can miss some for the small shows.

If the band you like has Facebook page or they issue email newsletters,then you can subscribe them.Usually,they promote themselves via these channels too and provide links to purchase show tickets.