Why does Webroot Personal Security ask me to renew subscription after installing 2011 version over 2010 version?

JD January 2, 2011

I had Webroot Personal Security for 2010 installed on my Windows 7 computer. It was about to expire within 15 days. So I purchased Webroot for 2011 and installed it over 2010. Now it keeps telling me that I have to renew my subscription.

How do I take care of this? I have already purchased and installed the new one.

1. Tracemichaelson

If I bought a car from Webroot, would they take it back in 5 years?

2. Ryan Dube

JD - I had the same problem with a copy of Kaspersky where I installed a new version over an old one I had and it didn't seem to recognize that I already had a license. I had to click on the link in the software to "renew" the subscription, but part of the process once it connected online included an option as part of the process that asked me if I already had a valid registration. Clicked yes, entered my info and it found my license.

I think you just have to click on "renew" and jump through the hoops for it to find your registration info and the fact that you own a full license - you don't have to enter any payment info because you've already purchased a full license. It's worth a shot anyway. Let us know how it goes!